Need new pike floats

kkelly

Hi all

My granddad who's 75 years old loves pike fishing. He lost the last two of his best pike floats, over the weekend (one got stuck on bottom of dead tree and other he lost due to pike running to bank into trees ( I got the float back but it was damaged). He likes to use the old cork float with a cut down one side and slider stick though the centre. When I was a kid he used cork ones which we brought in Ireland and the last bunch he had were made from some sort of foam.

If any one knows where I could buy him some new ones. I don't mind if it not cork so long its the same style. Here is a image from a US site I found, its item letter D http://www.psfishing.com/cork-floats.html

Many thanks

http://www.middytackle.com/products/?id=77...mp;c=Q&t=Q1

Middy are the only company i know that have pike bungs in three sizes, see link above, i hope this helps.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Pike bungs are fairly common and they're cheap too. It's just snobbery that they're mostly designated for the bubble float/holiday angler type section in tackle shops. I reckon bungs are very handy bits of kit that should have a place in any pikers tackle. You can change a leger setup into a float setup in seconds, without breaking anything down. What's not to like about them? Grandad's right.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I reckon bungs are very handy bits of kit that should have a place in any pikers tackle. You can change a leger setup into a float setup in seconds, without breaking anything down.

I agree, I use 'em when lure fishing shallow bays from the boat. Change a lure set up to a deadbait one in under a minute, just slide the bung on, unclip the lure off and clip an extra trace with hooks and a bait , then sit down and have lunch or a coffee break or just a rest from casting and give another method a go.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

A great way to switch between wobbling deads to float fishing in a matter of seconds too - plus they look all traditional :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Coming to think about it, I reckon a bung (for mackerel fishing) was the first attempt at float making I ever tried. I used a big cork and thin artists paint brush. It worked a treat.

Loads of arty shops sell polystyrene balls, eggs etc. that can be transformed into bungs, drop-off indicators etc. I bought a load of egg shapes the last time I ventured into an art shop. I think they cost about 30p each. I've not done anything with them but now I have a little project for them.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...