Centrepin Question

Elton

Posted on behalf of Keith. Please add all replies to this thread:

does anyone know of such an attachment which you can buy which will allow a centre pin reel to be turned 90 degrees for the purpose of casting a long way

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I spoke with someone yesterday who mentioned something similiar to what you want. He thought it might be Australian in nature. I also ran across this on youtube:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

The item your questioner was probably referring to was that demon of the 1950s and 1960s otherwise known as The Horton Evans "ADAPTACAST"

I still have a boxed one of these little devices they are collectables nowadays.

Like all ideas of this type from the old Malloch reels to the Ray Walton rolling pin of today they all promote line twist.

Better by far to learn how to cast properly in the first place.

As ever those who wish to learn how to do so can contact me via this site

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

jeepster ,that'll be the shakespeare Lincoln ,theres also the ray walton "rollingpin" theres also a reel called the "parhana" but on that one you remove the spool & put it on another pin facing strait ahead.oh nearly forgot the old tinplate seascout 80.Not herd of a adaptor ,the problem is that any mechanical turntable device would increase the gap from the rod to the spools rim !

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

thanks alan,never herd of one of them ,even managed to find a picture (for my collection) ,looks clunky

ap7.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Yup thats the beastie! clunky they were indeed but but we did occasionally need them in the days when fixed spool reels were in real terms vastly more expensive than they are today.However they were never pleasant to use and the line twist was a pain especially in 1960s nylon! Anyone remember Sylcast??

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Mind you Alan with the advent of braid the line twist issue is now some what mute! But I just couldnt imagine not casting "properly" now though! I honestly reckon that if you need to cast further than you can with a pin then youve chose the wrong tool.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!