Pike fishing

SPSwallow

A sea rod would be too stiff to be a decent pike rod (the same problem many carp rods have too). You'd be casting the baits off all the time, unless you were fishing close in. As Andy says, it could chuck a lead a long way, but not a dead/livebait.

To be honest though, for occasional use it would do!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

i would plump for something else ,where a sea rod can land pike the fun in doing it would be gone ,a bit like using a crane to land a gudgeon! pointless.

if you just want to land a pike fair enough but if you want angle for pike then half the fun is using tackle thats fair to both.

i use a 2lb tc through action rod for carp and 3lb tc rods for pike mainly because i use deadbaits but its far more fun landing pike on 2lb tc rods

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

i would plump for something else ,where a sea rod can land pike the fun in doing it would be gone ,a bit like using a crane to land a gudgeon! pointless.

if you just want to land a pike fair enough but if you want angle for pike then half the fun is using tackle thats fair to both.

i use a 2lb tc through action rod for carp and 3lb tc rods for pike mainly because i use deadbaits but its far more fun landing pike on 2lb tc rods

Yeh, i'd like to feel the fight. I get more fun from that than landing. I have a quiver tip prologic feeder rod /med/heavy. I reckon that would be way too light though

you can land anything on anything if your tackle is balanced, theres no snags and you take your time but the tackle needs to be balanced so 10-15lb line on a light rod isnt as you admit balanced ,save your pennies get something more suitable and have safe fun ,pointless damaging your tackle and the fish if it all goes wrong.

above all get some tuition if your new to pike fishing and have to hand all the stuff you need to cause the least stress to pike they are hard looking but in reality big softies and easily damaged.

you cannot fish for pike in the club i'm in unless you have attended a pike teach in ,should be mandatory in all clubs.

nothing too bad ,and inspection of your tackle to make sure it follows club byelaws and a wrestle with a real pike (supplied by EA) to learn how to unhook it once youve caught it .(not really unhooking it we dont stick hooks in them and each one is wrestled with once then returned to save stress) more to get you over actually touching them than anything.

once youve attended you get a red stamp in your permit to show youve attended which is in every permit there on B)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

you cannot fish for pike in the club i'm in unless you have attended a pike teach in ,should be mandatory in all clubs.

nothing too bad ,and inspection of your tackle to make sure it follows club byelaws and a wrestle with a real pike (supplied by EA) to learn how to unhook it once youve caught it .(not really unhooking it we dont stick hooks in them and each one is wrestled with once then returned to save stress) more to get you over actually touching them than anything.

once youve attended you get a red stamp in your permit to show youve attended which is in every permit there on B)

OI OI,

Bloody good idea that chesters 1 should be nation wide.

BILL.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

That is a good idea. It might be a little wasted up here since you can fish some venues for weeks on end without seeing a soul but I can't fault the intention.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

OI OI,

Bloody good idea that chesters 1 should be nation wide.

BILL.

its catching on slowly ,fish cost big money! its in the clubs interests they get treated as well as possible and buying big fish is ultra expensive if you can find them ;)

its catching on slowly ,fish cost big money! its in the clubs interests they get treated as well as possible and buying big fish is ultra expensive if you can find them ;)

I would never go alone until experienced. I have a mate that does pike fishing that can teach me. I was interested in the first Place because the Norfolk Broads are renowned for Pike fishing. Back in the day (before the 1920's) they used to be a lot bigger, the waters got polluted by extreme farming. They have flourished again now but they don't grow as big as they did back then, it was normal to catch them in the 30lb's.

Ps, I just wrote all this in the report section by mistake, sorry chester