argyll

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham. X:

Then I wouldn't want to have anything to do with FACT, Peter..

You wrote: "Lee, your history and dabbling in angling politics leads me to wonder at your agenda, it really does."

Come on PW, they all have one agenda- to stir up trouble, and hence drag angling back down into the CA gutter. They're all the same: "Trent-Barbeler", "Jim Roper", "argyll", "sportsman", "arthur", and the rest of the CA fascisti.

Graham, I agree, but, well, not entirely.

Jim Roper deserves respect. I don't always agree with him, but he stands up for his beliefs, and he justifies his opinions. It must be remembered that Jim is not only an angler. One thing is clear about Jim, he's a good bloke, just riding the wrong horse!!

Perhaps the same can be said of Argyll, but, well, I get the impression that he enjoys a bit of mischief making, the little tinker.

Lee, well, mischief with a capital M! Seems to me that he enjoys playing political chess with angling politics. A shame, for me that devalues his obvious ability.

Some of the others are, I agree, blatently CA folk who have come onto AN to play their little games.

But back to FACT. FACT involves many other angling bodies so if you refused to accept it, because the CA was a member, then you would effectively cut yourself off from national representation.

[ 20. March 2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Guest sslatter

Then I would do so. I would not want my beloved angling to have anything whatsoever to do with such people and their ethos..

..and anyway, most anglers have always been effectively cut off from national representation..

Those politicising angling windbags will never represent the grass roots angler, not matter how much guff they spout..

BTW "Jim Roper" goes fishing? Really? You could have fooled me.. I thought he was one of those "once-a-year shore bashers".. he certainly doesn't seem to know much about the pastime he professes to "enjoy"..

..and don't get me started about argy-bargy.. what a farce of an individual..

Just my opinion..