US/UK Iraq weapons and lies

Guest NickInTheNorth

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Why cant wealthy people live in peace

because wealth gives them power , power to get more wealthy , does mugaby wear sackcloth and ashes :confused: no his suits are saville row and we supply them :D

its a bit strange when people responsible for mass deaths ,acts of violence and terrorism,the like of heads of israel , china ,zimbabwe,south american states etc etc etc become our closest allies when theres something WE want , look at the corrupt heads of OUR countries , lickspittles the lot of them

look to the time were no use to others will we be "against"them

look at nato a laughing stock the un will follow only genetic destruction ABSOLUTE destruction of other races will result in peace ,better still the extinction of man will result in REAL peace on earth :D mankind has already upset the balance of nature , nature has a way of reballancing it , it could be nature itself or mans interfearance in it ,war could just be natures way of thinning the population out , its in our heads to kill wether with bullets or ignorence or interferance , long live nature (wheres me gas mask) :D

quote:

Why cant wealthy people live in peace

because without poor people wealth does not exist , power does not exist , the "terrorists" catch the poors eye blaming their plight on the rich countries , people go on and on about child labour in poor countries etc, without the measly doller a day i expect theyd starve , but its the rich countries that turn a blind eye and stupidly pay extra for a "good" designer , if the whole world opened their eyes and SAW then blinkered nations like america wouldnt need to get involved :)

i blame the onset of airplanes , television and dammed doo gooding charities , if the poor didnt see what they were missing they wouldnt want it , if we didnt show the poor countries what we had they wouldnt want the doller to try to get it for themselves , ban everything and the doller :)

britain although hated by most countries does have one shining star we play fair (ish) we suffer radicles , we harbour war crinimals , we try to see the other point of veiw (most of the time) we have inflicted and recieved suffering , most countries respect us for this , most of the time we keep our noses out of other peoples affairs ( the people that is) the gov are a different matter , its because of this attitude america got hit not us , america is hated because their innability to see unblinkered , the ira sympathisers in america didnt just see the light when america was hit ,it has just averted their attension for the moment once theve stopped hating moselems they will get back to hating protestants and the cycle restarts

[ 01. March 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Nick in the North for a very balanced and reasonable view. I dont believe anyone wants to see war break out including George Bush but if WE have to go by U.N. mandates then so should the rest. By the way yoxer did you used to be called "swampy". Saddam will be finished off by the west or islamic fundamentalist's. Who do you want to do that job?

Oh and by the way, all you people with short memories who slag Tony Blair off, try and remember the other mob and the damage they did. Oh but they won the war with Argentina didn't they? With no help from America?

Dave

if you want to compair Iraq with pre war Germany then you realy do need to do some research . In the case of Argentina I believe they actualy invaded the Falkans. As yet not only has Iraq not invaded anyone ( oh please dont tell me they invaded Kuwait several years back ! ) I find it highly unlikey they present any threat to either the UK or the USA.

Originally posted by yoxer:

In the case of Argentina I believe they actualy invaded the Falkans. Do you mean the Balkans or the falcons?

As yet not only has Iraq not invaded anyone ( oh please dont tell me they invaded Kuwait several years back ! ) Why not?

I find it highly unlikey they present any threat to either the UK or the USA. No I agree, it's what they have got in somebody elses hands that worries me.

Dave

quote:

then you realy do need to do some research .

This research you keep spouting on about Yoxer. I'd be interested to know what intelligence sources/networks you have such free access to so that you feel you can unequivably dismiss everything anyone else has to say as 'propaganda'. I can't help feeling that your soap box and studies are firmly sited at the Guardians web site.

I don't think you are Swampy at all.....more Dr. Goebbels.....!!!

Paul

Well said Tinca. I wasn't going to bother pointing out to Yoxer that the intelligence gathering systems of the US/UK/Nato etc were in some way inferior to his (assumed, could be her of course). I enjoy the floundering of those that accuse and knock but have no tangible solutions or evidence to support their point of view.

Excellent post by NickInTheNorth & one that got me thinking...a novelty in itself.

This post is likely to ramble but bear with me :)

The US/UK have stated that they "know" Iraq has WMD's, he's used them before, don't want them falling into terrorist hands etc etc etc.

So, let's lets assume this "knowledge" is correct & based on up to the minute intelligence.... the US's excellent surveillance sats, agents in the field, informers etc. Even the SAS, who must have been there for quite some time. It must be up to date because no idiot any where would start a war based on intelligence thats 12-14 years old right?

Right, we've got the intel, we know Iraq has them...erdo we must also know where they are. The sites holding these weapons must be under constant watch from the above mentioned sources & any attempt to move them would be reported in an instant... after all you can't put 20 tonnes of anthrax in your pocket & walk out with it!

Now I'm not stupid enough to expect any government to release it's intel sources to the general public, but....

After seeing the fiasco with the US/UK on one side & France/Germany on the other surely a fone call to Hans Blix from George/Tony the Tiger saying something along the lines of....

"Ok Hans get your guys to these map co-ordinates pretty sharpish, we've had it watched for some time & you'll find what you're looking for. When you've found it, report back to the UN asap & we've got him! Saddam is proved to be a lying toad, me & Tone are proved to have been right all along, France/Germany don't have a leg to stand on & the action kicks off on Sunday" would stop all the bickering?

Maybe the above is showing how naive I am but it makes perfect sense to me :)

The fact that this isn't happening leads me to believe one of two things....

1) Saddam doesn't have any WMD's & Bush/Blair are pushing this for other reasons not covered by resolution 1441 (or any other resolution)

2) Saddam does have WMD's but we don't know where they are! If this is the case then surely it's a highly dangerous situation? All the "legitimate" targets will have already been pin-pointed, what if one of them, close to a border contains VX nerve gas? One bomb could release this agent over a vast area & I'm pretty sure Turkey, Kuwait etc would be full of praise for the US/UK as the gas drifted across their countries! It's not possible, even Bush/Blair wouldn't be so stupid. If the WMD's are there, they must know where they are. They couldn't afford not to!

The only research I have done on this subject is to watch the news, listen carefully to Bush/Blair & everyone else & make my own mind up!

My conclusion is, & until I'm proved wrong always will be, that something is not right here!

As yet Tinca NOBODY has given me anything other to dismiss than ...oh yeah Sadam has weapons of mass destruction ......has he realy , all the so called proof of this statement coming from both blair and bush has been PROVEN to be a crock of ####. Do you want to try the humanitarian rubbish now insterad .