An Evening , a local pond and a float ?

Dave H

The weed was cleared from my local pond/lake and had 5 tench in 4 hours from 5pm until 9pm.The biggest i weighed was 9lb 1oz. There is something to be said for the simple little local pond/ small lake at £5 a day.

Turn up with marmite sadwiches and a flask of tea and one float rod some worms and sweetcorn.

As i said 5 great fighting tench under the float and a few bits and bobs

I think that's what i came back to fishing for.

Have you got a good local pond/lake close by for an evenings fishing?

That's how I fish all the time! Lol!

Dave,

This brought back so many memories. In the early 70's I went to school 400 yds away from these ponds, and this is where I learnt to fish. many ties skipping school to fish instead, and spending most of my school holidays here.

a black prince reel, a glass fibre rod , crow quill floats oh for the old days. I used to go to a tackle shop on masons hill, almost opposite the tigers head. the owner used to give me free maggots was really helpful.

I remember watching in awe as a man caught a Tench from the top end of the pond where the waters comes down. It was this fish that made me an angler. I read all I could find and practiced as often as I could.

I often pass the ponds and think about having a go. your post has renewed that thought.

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

" I really don’t get this photograph thing. It seems that too many it’s like a trophy to show others to prove you have caught it because otherwise what’s a 9lb Tench of an ugly git holding it worth? It’s OK i think when you are a kid proving to the boys at school how clever you are but showing one at 52...Really?"

Dave H - I think on here a photo does not have to be of a trophy fish since they seem to mainly be to share a good experience with others who can then think, "what a nice looking fish" or "I wish I'd caught that" or "I really need to get out on the water more".

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Exactly Newt!

Most of my fish captures that I take photos of are just in net not with me in them. Its nice to share them or to remind oneself of a good fish or session.

I have to say I've never needed to prove my captures are real, but then I've never been accused of making things up....

Edited by Kappa