Sports Person of the Year

Zinky

Tinca61:

quote:

there's precious little actual football played these days eh?

But they did in the days of George Best and he was by far the very best....and I ain't a ManUre or Northern Ireland fan. He certainly inspired me as a youngster aspiring to emulate him so that's good enough for me.

You mean... you too can manage a bottle of scotch a day for twenty years before needing a liver transplant on the NHS then? ;-)

Adz.

Get your EA rod licence here!

quote:

You mean... you too can manage a bottle of scotch a day for twenty years before needing a liver transplant on the NHS then? ;-)

Naah...It'll take me nearly all Christmas to finish the bottle of Macallan bought the other day

Paul

I think it is disgusting that George Best got anything including a transplant. But never mind none of us are perfect. Going back to Sports personality, while I was watching it I put the news flash on ceefax on update 25 mins before Paula had been awarded her trophy it came up on ceefax that she had won it and it was before Sue Barker said the lines for voting were closed!!!

Best was unfortunately an alcholic, bad for his football skills and even badder for his health.

He probably earnt enough curency for this country to pay for his treatment many times over.

On the day Beckham scored the winning goal for England, cars were driving around hooting there horns, and the whole of England went crazy (well most of them did). No one expected the Scots to cheer, they never do, but then they never have much to cheer about anyway ( :P )

How many noticed that Paula had won, how many rushed out in the streets to cheer, how many were stirred to sing Rule Brittania, how many took the day off work to watch her?

As a Television spectacle Englands win, and Beckhams Goal was the finest sporting moment on the TV in 2002.

Den

[ 09. December 2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I thought David Seaman should of got the Personality of the Year award this year for giving us Scots great cheers this year !!!!!!

We know we have a poor team .. infact we are a terrible team with nothing to cheer about with the national team :rolleyes: but I think the English team and the arrogant, cheating Beckham are vastly over rated ... just look at their past few games.

Anyway, Paula in my eyes still is head and shoulders above everyone else ... her acheivements for the year are fantastic, and when interviewed she seems a generally nice person.

Gillies :D

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com