mobile phones and kids

billy5000

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

arnt naval vessels really tin boxes ,which as you know are extremley good Faraday Shields

the only exposure would be on deck duties and even then the angle of the radar would probably only touch the extreme ends of the ship

Yes this is true, but if you are working out on deck and are anywhere near the scanners or the emmiter horns then you will be subject to upto 50kW from a 3cm RADAR scanner and up to 60kW from a 10 cm set. Many ships are eqipped with both and will have both of them running all the time. Now that is a LOT more than you get from a mobile phone, it is enough to cook your eyeballs and make you blind from cateracts, and if you get really close then the warming of you gonads will negate any need for a vasectomy.

Going slightly off tack here, although you are definately correct on the Radhaz issue Coridoras, statistically Nuclear Submariners father more Girls than Boys. I was one and I have two Girls.....God know what other damage being locked up in those steel cigars for months on end has done to my body. Time will tell I suppose.

Paul

Paul_D:

...statistically Nuclear Submariners father more Girls than Boys. I was one and I have two Girls.....

Two girls and a boy over here, and I was only a steward in the Merchant Navy. It's more than just the RADAR, one was being suject to all kinds of high wattage RF daily.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote