Fund a fish!

Chris Plumb

Interesting idea. As someone who buys a licence and Angling Trust membership every year I kind of think I'm already "doing my bit".

Why isn't the polluter paying? Or the Environment Agency? Or the Canal Trust? They can make the money back through ticket sales.

Or am I being selfish?

We lost thousands of fish in Devon when the Tiverton canal bank breached in the winter floods. So I understand how upsetting it is. Not sure who is responsible for re-stocking though.

This post has a really nice sentiment to it but how the hell has the factory's insurance company managed to wriggle out of paying for this?

If the Environment Agency doesn't mind charging anglers for the privilege of using public waterways, maybe they should look at charging a levy to factories close to waterways to pay for the clear-up when things like this happen and stop completely innocent people like Chris having to raise the money for the clear-up.