Fishing in Spain

eaglet

I don't know if anyone out there can help I've tried various agencies in the UK and Spain (inc. the Spanish Embassy ) I'm thinking of emigrating and I'm trying to find out all I can on coarse fiahing in Spain, dams/lakes/ponds/rivers etc, before I even thing about looking at properties. If anyone knows of web sites/addressess I would be grateful if you can post them on these pages. As said, those I have contacted do not answer or cannot help. If you've been out there and fished or read about it somewhere, any info. will be great. I appreciate that the Ebro will instatntly spring to mind, any info. on this would be fine, but I'm also thinking of further south where it is normally warmer for longer periods at a time during the year. I look forward to 'hearing' from someof you in the future.

Guest sslatter

I can't tell you much, but a friend of mine has just come back from Spain, where he checked out Barcelona harbour for some very large mullet. He wasn't disappointed!

• 4 weeks later...

Message for one of the 'Mods' ( on the advice of Elton-computer trouble) Could you please move my article Fishing in Spain to a new forum, Coarse fishing, as I have had only one reply and feel that if I'd put it in this Forum first it would have been seen by more readers (also it's fast disappearing from view, it's on p5 of Non-fishing chat now)

Cheers Eaglet

eaglet:

Thanks GRAHAM X but I am after coarse fishing.

Mullet fishing IMHO is coarse fishing. Fishing for mullet is a bit like fishing for chubb on steriods, just they happen to live in sea water. The methods used are just the same.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Sorry to dissapoint but it is the ebro that springs to mind, but then again i'm a Sea Angler and don't know nowt about course fishing :D .... but heres a link anyway www.carpdreamfishing.com hope its of some use.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.