Rectal Sphincter of the World

corydoras

Following on from the 'My town isn't that bad ?!?!' topic, I thought the above may be a bit of fun.

I would like to nominate Hodieda, Yemen as the town God is most likely to stick the hose in if he decides that the world needs an enema.

May I suggest that one only nominates somewhere where one has visited?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

The Ascension Islands....

Paul

Guest sslatter
corydoras:

I would like to nominate Hodieda, Yemen as the town God is most likely to stick the hose in if he decides that the world needs an enema.

Is that somewhere in Scotland? :confused:

I'd like to nominate La Junquera on the french/spanish border, that's the freight side of the crossing, NOT the tourist border. Haven't been there in a while, but it used to be the pits, with the most horrendous examples of septuagenarian ladies-of-the-night servicing the lorry drivers of Europe, with the smell of an open sewer all-pervading, and the customary pack of feral dogs feeding on the bodies of their dead brethren. Maybe it's changed, I don't know.

[ 05. August 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Paul I beg to differ. :D:D

I've been to those islands and I loved it. I've also been to Wichita Falls Texas and that I'd have to say is at least an armpit. Much much worse than Ascension anyway.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

It's got to be bad there then Jeff... :D

Paul

corydoras:

May I suggest that one only nominates somewhere where one has visited?

Spent a year bassed in Aden so up to a point I agree with you. Zasieki, Poland would smell the same if it had the heat.

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Alan Taylor:

Spent a year bassed in Aden so up to a point I agree with you.

Alan(nl)

Were you in the Argyll's perchance?

[ 06. August 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Nowhere could smell as bad as that festering dung heap. I visited this port on a RORO container ship called the Jeddah Crown 1977. On our first visit there was an old Greek reefer (refrigerated cargo ship) tied up at the quay with a load of frozen chicken. The poor old reefer was having severe problems with her brine plant and as a result all the chicken in her hold (about 5,000 tons of stuff) was rapidly defrosting in the hundred degrees plus heat.

Now I know not why the Yemenis were buying frozen chicken in bulk like this because they did not really have the infrastructure or the logistics to deal with the cargo, but to cut a long story short we left the following day and when we returned about 6-8 weeks later the old Greek reefer was still tied up at the quay, her refrigeration plant had totally packed in and about half the chicken was strewn all over the quay whilst the rest was suppurating and festering in the freighter’s hold. The smell was absolutely stomach churning