Copying Lps to CD

Chris Goddard

Need some advice as to how and what to do as regards doing this from Turntable to pc CD/RW. Is It possible??

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

you need

1 turntable

an amp (good q )

a stero jack leads form youe headphons to your mic on you sound card

ans some recording soft where (cooledit orsound forge )

if you want to put it in to mp3 you could need a mp3 converter

if you want to now where to get the programs from send me an e-mail

DD

Sorry to nit-pick, but don't run a headphone or line output into a mic input, as they are too high. Either run the standard turntable output into the mic input, or or any amplified/line output into the line input. You will be able to listen to your LP via the computer speakers.

Good luck. :)

just plug it into one of the many inputs on your sb audigy card , record it as a .wav use creative software to convert it to a .mp3 sorted if you cd player doesnt play mp3`s then the software will make an ordinary old fashioned audio cd :)

[ 07. April 2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I've converted stuff from audio tape to mp3, but I've found it very difficult to prevent it from over-recording, i.e. with the levels too high. The sound card level controls seem to be pure guess work, and the level can go from too high to inaudible, with nothing in between. I've tried all kinds of trial software, but one of the best was the Precision WAV mp3 Recorder, which converts to wav first, and then to mp3. I did find one that would convert straight to mp3, but you had to pay for it, and we don't do that do we?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Come on Chesters old pal, if you're using an audigy sound card you can connect anything to anything( pause while I wipe the drool off my keyboard). If I could afford one of those I would be a happy little bunny! Like Mr Sharpe, my onboard sound goes way over the top.

Audio Tools Direct has everything you could possibly need. Specific details for copying to the hard drive here

Similar info here, but without all the links to useful sites : http://www.br0wn.co.uk/vinyltocd.htm

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.