laptop help needed

David C

sorry chesters, i meant the sleep mode it goes into when i shut the lid without shutting it down, not the stand-by mode it goes into when you havent touched a key for a while

Toshiba's web site is'nt much help, takes you to an FAQ with nothing remotely similar.

I've scanned the manual several times & it seems we've done nothing different to their instructions, as you say, it may be better to get a replacement than have someone poke around with it, so I'll let the shop sort it.

do what i do ,approuch(sp?) the "seller" and enquire about the very same model ,ask particular questions to your problem (keeping up the pretense of an interested buyer) ask away then go and get yours and say why isnt this working as you have just described and demand your money back,do not (unless you want to ) get it fixed ,money or replacement in full and certainly not a credit note .hopefully the new one will work as it should :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Charged it up last night, & kids have been gaming on it for 5 hrs today & its been fine, Either its sorted itself out or the fault is intermittent. I'll see how it goes before I ring the shop.

Just a quick question, is it better to remove the battery when using it on mains for long periods ?

i dont think so, i've never removed the battery from any laptop, as far as i know they all have a system where when the battery is fully charged, charging stops and the machine just runs off the mains, so not overcharging the battery.