Resizing photos

Jeff S

I just posted a photo in the fly fishing section that didn't turn out. Does anyone know how to resize pictures before they are sent? I've got software for an HP scanner and kodak easyshare that might work. The pictures look fine before I send them but look like something is wrong with the settings or were actually taken in 16 bit color.

Cheers

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Get a copy of (free) Irfanview. It's the easiest thing I've ever found for resizing, adding text captions, making some modifications in the colors, and other simple picture editing chores.

Get both the app and the plug-ins.

I've used this for years and the author keeps it very up to date, very polite (never makes your PC grumpy) and always free.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...
Dvarcet:

I'll try it Newt. Thanks for the assistance.

It is so easy that even I can use it to resize pics.

All I do is click on the pic then click on file then scroll down to open which leads to open with irfanview, click on this then on image on the left hand size box I just put in 600 and the other box does its own thing. Then back to file, save as (give it a name) and that is all there is to it. Well thats what I do anyway :D

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Great software Newt!

I have been having fun with it. The first pic is of my PB rainbow trout, the second is the same pic with enhanced graphics, then the negative and then the embossed outline. Great stuff!

demo1.jpg

demo2.jpg

demo3.jpg

demo4.jpg

[ 14. January 2004, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Koi Carp ]

an-trout3.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President