bleedin ell, we're all doomed. North Atlantic Drift shutting down

Pugs

Pugs:

Pugs:

Cod galore once again or so they tell me, cold weather loads of cod loads more trawlers oh hell we are back where we started.

don't know about that: Cod like cold water'ish but not what we are talking about, read carefully what Leon's link says.

yes, Cod are around Norway etc but not in the artic in winter, in totally frozen seas...Why? I don't know but I've been to the tip of Norway at 71 north and met the locals and they laughted when i asked if i could catch cod from the shore (besides which i tried and my line froze...solid). 71 degrees north is a damn site further north than the trips which are advertised for fishing for cod in Norway and if the NAD stops we WILL be on a par with artic temps and hence no Cod.

Or have i got it wrong?

Besides if the NAD shuts down, currents change and fishing and the fish will be totally ecked up

Not entirely correct, I’m afraid.

First of all, during the winter mounts the sea normally only freezes over in Norwegian fjords relatively sheltered from the wind and that have an input of a fair amount of fresh water.

Secondly, the cod lives happily around any North Norwegian costal areas all year around and can be caught both beach and boat fishing, even ice fishing. Actually, in most areas of Northern Norway, January through to April would be prime time for cod fishing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully I will be well cremated before that glacier pushes my caravan into the sea at Drummore

Some good valid points on the thread mind!

Ian tried my disgorger yet? any chance you can drop it off at the Clash :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

So the Eastern part of England is going to be covered in ice because the Antarctic ice has melted!

Are we so self-centred that we think the NAD does not have an equivilant in the southern hemisphere?

What will hapen to the Humboldt Current, for exmple?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net