Norton

*Ant*

When I run Norton OBC on my new set-up I always get 22 errors on "Windows Registry Scan", the "Begin Fix" always sorts the errors but the errors always return after a session on the PC.

What are these errors and are they something to worry about?

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Mostly nothing to worry about. Lots of things will write an entry to the registry for temporary use and then not properly back the entry out later. Thats the sort of thing Norton is seeing. Good to remove them since they sorta junk up the registry and give it some bloat.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I always get 22 "active X" errors when i run it but it repairs them all with no ill effects.Not to sure what it all means tho

screen.jpg

doesnt seem to matter if i repair them or not

Regards Paul Mc

Paul - Run Spybot (all features enabled) and let it get rid of the bad entries.

Now (assuming you are running a recent version of IE) go into tools~internet options~security and click on the custom button for the Internet Zone. Make sure you allow signed/safe/good ActiveX and either block or prompt for the others.

My guess is that you are getting some malformed (or maybe unsafe) ActiveX controls installed from some sites you visit.

Not where I can look at Spybot but I think it can also do some ActiveX blocking/filtering in case you run a browser version that doesn't have the feature.

Look Here for more information.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President