Codling off Worthing

Starvinmarvin

gar bashing has been a good larf off the marina if your up for a bit of light tackle maheme!

set my power gum stopper about 12ft so u can get through alot of the gar and get a maky pollock pick up but the gar will find you! wich is alright by me!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graeme B:

I understand through the grapevine that a fish of between 7 and 8 lb (so make that 4lbish :rolleyes: ) was taken off the pier at Worthing week before last.

I have a stoll along the front at the weekend and see if the local boys are taking them in the nets. :)

hmmm first i've heard of that....will have to have a word wih my mates that fish the pier all the time and find the details of this! but you are rite.....alot of the fish caught on there yu can normally take a few pounds off of the first weight suggested...lol you normally hear about about 3 or four different weights from different peeps and the range is unbelievable...lol you could catch a 5lb bass and it would be 8 or so pounds by the time it gets round!!

Now days unless my mate texts me saying whats come up or i have seen the fish myself i kinda find it hard to believe some reports.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

stavey:

I am not sure but i think the chap who does the reports runs a tackle shop their? so i take them with a pinch of salt, i have not fished there in years but i have been told that yes you can catch fish their but 90% of them are small and undersized most of the time.

No it's not Dave (tackle shop owner) the guy who runs that website is a local. Have a look at the photo's page, some big Bass photo's this year by local 'experts' who obviously don't do catch and release. Shame really. I think in a earlier report someone had a 5 lb Codling...

Not all the fish are undersized at Brighton Marina, decent Bass are caught (but it seems never released) and I had a 2lb Sole and double figure Smuts

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

I think in a earlier report someone had a 5 lb Codling...

"WOW" a five pound codling ( i am not taking the p*ss pugs) but to make a point, do you know how many fish the marina every week on average? how many rods? etc, i bet if you could put the info all together hours spent etc by all these anglers in a year, i think it would probably make for some pretty depressing reading as regards returns for effort.

I am not knocking the marina as a venue or the anglers that like to fish it on a regular basis, but i am sure the the older ones would agree that there is certainly room for improvement.....

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Graeme B:

Ollie

Heard it from a local, he's such a cynical old bugger you can normally believe him! :D

lol yer i know that local....he's been there years now and often get reports from him, ie..how many mullet been swimming in the shallows and stuff and normally get a good report from him!

havnt heard of any reports of codling myself this week but seems to be plenty of bass around....heard of a 11lb'r caught in east preston on thursday night...hmmm must be time to get my gear out again :D

Ollie.

[ 16. October 2005, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Ollie Jay ]

Hi Guys,

My first post here.

Firstly, I can confirm the cod off Worthing pier was caught a couple of weeks ago and weighed 8lb 8oz. Gars were being caught at the same time!! Bait was lug fished by the arcade.

Secondly, there was a bass caught at East Preston on Thursday night. It weighed 11lb 8oz. It was a beauty! I caught it!!! I don't know how to post pictures but when I find out how to, I will stick one on the site.

Thirdly, how many of you people know each other?? I bet I know some of the guys on this thread!

Welcome to the site mate....yer i think i can hold my hands up and say that i probably know you....unsure on the others though...i did hear about your bass mate and i heard there was another of around the 6 1/2 lb mark! thanks for confirming the cod and on a day stacked with gars aswell...hmmm strange lol but i spose thats worthing pier eh?

right catch you soon and well done on the bass, i look forward to seeing the pic!

good to see you here Damo.

Ollie.