Codling off Worthing

Starvinmarvin

Thought I'd pop in from next door for this one. :)

Just been told of reports of Codling being netted close in at Worthing of all places, have there been any other reports along the south coast?

Please PM me if you don't want to go public. :cool:

SM :)

[ 14. October 2005, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Starvinmarvin ]

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The few that do show every year of the sussex coast coincides during, or just after the sea tempreatures reach their highest, but then they seem to dissapear shortly afterwards, to where i dont know? but they dont stick around long, this has happened here for the last half dozen years or so...............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

There were a few a couple or three weeks ago being caught at hove and east preston but other then that its been dogs whiting and bass along this way from what i have heard, will be fishing somtime over this weekend so i'll let ya know if i find diferent!

stavey your right its been bad for em the last how ever many years....would love to know where they go after a few weeks of em.

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album

I understand through the grapevine that a fish of between 7 and 8 lb (so make that 4lbish :rolleyes: ) was taken off the pier at Worthing week before last.

I have a stoll along the front at the weekend and see if the local boys are taking them in the nets. :)

Quoted from Brightonmarina-seafishing

This week has been mostly fine with slight breezes from all directions. The sea at the begiining of the week was filthy but is now crystal clear.

There are lots of Mackerel around at certain times of the day. Yesterday (Fri)on the west arm there were a lot around at low water and they gradually dwindled out by high water.

The sea is polluted with Garfish at the moment. Yesterday they were snatching float baits as soon as they hit the water the poor old Mackerel and Pollock couldn't get a look in.

When the Garfish have a break there are some good Pollock being caught to floated fish strips especially at night.

On Sunday Sole were being caught from the East arm during the daytime because the water was dirty. This week a few have been caught at night to worm baits.

Haven't heard of any decent Bass being caught this week just lots of schoolies in the shallow ends of the arms. Taking all baits.

A few decent Channel Whiting turned up at the beginning of the week in the night(1 and a half pounds) but the rest of the week has been the very small

Er Stavey whats all this fish about then?

I fish to live and live to fish.

I am not sure but i think the chap who does the reports runs a tackle shop their? so i take them with a pinch of salt, i have not fished there in years but i have been told that yes you can catch fish their but 90% of them are small and undersized most of the time.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly