Wireless Printing!!

Chris Goddard

STILL can't suss out the printer!! Wireless network is OK but printing is a nightmare!!

Even tried MS's own pages and still no go! Anyone any ideas please?!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I Can't bl**dy print is all!!;-))

Looked at the MS help pages and followed to the letter of the law and still nowt ;-(

Not a happy bunny. It took me 3 months thought to suss out how to network two PC's so this is not unusual!! (I bought a wireless hub!)

[ 04. September 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Are you using a wireless printer or is the printer connected to a PC on the wireless network?

If the printer is connected directly to a PC on the network, have you set the printer as shared?

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

Printer is on PC which has the wireless hub attatched. I have set printer as shared and have installed the printer driver on my PC and laptop as well (Just in case!) But laptop just will not send signal to printer to allow to print.

Chris Goddard

Afraid not Mick!! Only thing which might have helped was the ICS from MS and I'm still awaiting an answer from them. But thanks anyway!

Chris Goddard

Still no joy!! MS told me to go to ....MS!!

BUMP

Chris Goddard

? Printer is on cable (usb or parallel) to 'server' PC which is networked (wifi) to notebook?

Remove printer from notebook via settings printers.

Make sure you have printer shared with nice easy name on 'server' PC

On notebook goto 'settings' 'printers' and add printer, select 'network' printer and follow instalation instructions,

if you can't find your 'server printer' then you still have a network prob, make sure you can 'see' the server from the notebook in 'network neighbourhood' etc.

Tog

[ 08. September 2004, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Toggle ]

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.