Bass on E.Yorks Coast.

Chris Playle

Guest jay_con

ah i see your in hull. macky ll be more help to you i guess.

i dont think there is any rag at scarborough north bay.

If your gonna buy rag stay clear of that seabait crap. 6 dying worms in vermiculite will cost you about 3 quid. Find a shop that sells it by weight and check it's wriggeling before you pay for it.

Good luck and let us know if you catch any.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macky1,

Thanks once more the info. You're a real diamond, M8 :)

Went for a goosy at the beach at Mappleton last night. Nice section of coast. There were a few blokes fishing, mostly casting well beyond the area where the waves were breaking and one bloke with a spinner. Don't know if anyone was catching or not. Was in a rush to get back up to Hornsea for Chippy at Sullivans :D

Think I'm just about set up now. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks again for the info peeps. Let you know how I get on.

Chris.

chris

dont fish anywere north of cowdan

there is a big gill nett at cowdan and the bass aint passing thru it

head for marks south of aldborough

the b*****d who nets they are is killing 100 of bass every tide

feel free to rip them up

macky

Hi fellow sea anglers,

I'm in sunny leeds and have been meaning to get across to the east coast with the rods.

I usually only fish a couple of times a year usually on holiday (wales, cornwall, south coast and norfolk)

I'd really like to know more about the sport available on the east coast so keep us posted!

Tightlines!

Bretty

Guest jay_con

hi bretts what kind of sport are you after?

plenty of mackeral and coalies at whitby's west pier. there will be red cod from scarborough's marine drive and filey brigg, try for them on very still days with clear water and bright sunlit skies, your best bait will be peeler, those red ccoloured ones can be good i here.

have a read of the fishing reports for the yorkshire coast in sea angler there written by a very knowledgeble guy called Steve I'anson and there usually quite an acurate portrayel of what's going on.

Guest jay_con

if you talk to macky he's some good info on the bass fishing further down the coast. i also here they get some big rays down his way at this time of year.