Sticky Emails

Elton

I grab my email from various different servers.

This has worked well, using Turnpike, for about 7 years.

However, in the past week, my machine doesn't download all my email. It will download a few, then stop.

Also, it doesn't appear to be removing them from the server once downloaded. i.e. I get some about a dozen times!

This seems to not just be related to one mail server, so I assume it's my machine.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem?

[ 14. December 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nope but keep an idea on This thread and hopefully some ideas posted to Lugwalker will help with your problem as well.

Maybe even post a new thread yourself since two similar ones will look like a trend and might get more attention. A couple of our regulars are Microsoft support techs so enjoy it enough to do some in their spare time and they tend to watch for common issues. I suspect they start looking for answers when they see new ones and this is new.

[ 14. December 2004, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Both Peggy and I get multiple e-mails from eBay, and occasionally from other sources. We've reported it to eBay who claim the fault isn't at their end.

FWIW our ISP is Bulldog and our e-mails come via UK2 which hosts 2 of our web sites.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Because it's the most dastardly piece of software ever invented!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I tend to 'log in' to my mail servers, remove the dross and then use outlook to get what remains. You may have a very large or corupted email or infected one that your server won't download.

Go to your email server site on the web & login (most support this function - internet mail browsing?)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.