returning fish from a great height i.e. pier

***Simon***

Guest jay_con

I have no problem with the grip lead method. No way is the fish gonna survive off some of the cliffs here so any method is better than non.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the gripwire method many times and can say that it is probably 10 times more succesful than just throwing them back, no idea about any long term damage done though.But to my way of thinking a fishes chance of surviving is infinitely better if it swims off than if it instantly gets taken by a gull.

yes chappers, exactly my point. when the fish hit the water they are usually stunned for long enough for the gulls to get them.

i have never managed to put one back and it to survive. i've no use for it so i think oh well least the gulls are happy.

but at least with the grip lead they stand more of a chance

always look on the bright side of life

Guest jay_con

lol - bonny lads - ilike it . You really are a geordie. Welcome to anglers net. I bet HD and his m8 are worried stiff about thier whites now. :D

How about a pair of plastic wings? Hold them on with elastic, give the intrepid fish a good chuck, tell it first that it's all in the interest of science in case it's worried, and it should glide and land about 100yds out.