Firefox?

Colin Brett

Any idea why when I click on the "back" button Firefox returns to the previous page and then reloads it again?

It is such a pain!!

I'm not quite sure I understand - is it the fact that the page is loading again that's the problem? That is, it's slow to reload, instead of all the graphics being there already? (Just checking that you're not puzzled about the idea of the back button taking you back a page! ;) )

Have you got it set to use a sensible amount of Offline Storage? (See Prefs > Advanced > Network) If that's set very low, then your computer will be forced to load pages from scratch every time every time instead of reusing data from the cache. I think the default is 50MB, which seems to work OK. If for some reason, yours has become set to a couple of megs or something, that'll probably be slowing you down.

I'm not quite sure I understand - is it the fact that the page is loading again that's the problem? That is, it's slow to reload, instead of all the graphics being there already? (Just checking that you're not puzzled about the idea of the back button taking you back a page! ;) )

Have you got it set to use a sensible amount of Offline Storage? (See Prefs > Advanced > Network) If that's set very low, then your computer will be forced to load pages from scratch every time every time instead of reusing data from the cache. I think the default is 50MB, which seems to work OK. If for some reason, yours has become set to a couple of megs or something, that'll probably be slowing you down.

Example is:

Open "Technical Help" and select my "Firefox" question, the page opens successfully.

Click on the back button, the page {Technical Help] loads, then disappears, then reloads again.

Cache is set to 100mb

I don't have this problem with IE.

My other problem with Firefox that doesn't happen with IE is opening images from an image link. Firefox says the image contains errors, but the same link is fine within IE???

Version is 3.0.1 I've had this problem for sometime my patience is now almost exhausted.

Can I save all my Firefox passwords etc somewhere other than within Firefox? If so I could try a complete new install of Firefox.

Colin

Colin, TRY the forums! I have had a couple of problems (MOSTLY of my own making!) And the lads and lasses on there are VERY helpful! NEARLY as helpful as here!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 1 month later...
Any idea why when I click on the "back" button Firefox returns to the previous page and then reloads it again?

It is such a pain!!

Colin

Now sorted!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It turns out it was Skype causing the problem, just loaded the latest version and all seems to be OK.

Also Skype was stopping images opening and that is solved as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Colin