Landing Net for Wading

barbelbarmy

I was looking for one of these 'folding handle' landing nets for clipping on the back of my waistcoat when I am roving/spinning for Perch.

I was given one with a cheap plastic belt clip a few years ago, but I don't like it.

The one you showed looks just the ticket.

Thanks Tigger

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I abhor folding nets as sooner or later they let you down; for my flyfishing I use an excellent Snowbeee scoop net which costs about £15 and is big enough to engulf fish up to 7 or 8lbs (so far ) . It has a short handle(less than a foot) so it's great for wading and rubbish for anything else . It is on a bungee loop I slip over my shoulders and will stretch a foot or so.

I abhor folding nets as sooner or later they let you down; for my flyfishing I use an excellent Snowbeee scoop net which costs about £15 and is big enough to engulf fish up to 7 or 8lbs (so far ) . It has a short handle(less than a foot) so it's great for wading and rubbish for anything else . It is on a bungee loop I slip over my shoulders and will stretch a foot or so.

All nets cave in sooner or later, it's how long they last and their practability in use that counts for me.

A handle of less than a foot would be no use to me for anything but trout or grayling (scoop net).

I use a net exactly like the one in the link I put up for netting barbel and chub and this last summer that nets had the best part of 400 barbel in it and lots of chub so imo it's a decent net and fit for purpose. Good thing about it is it looks just as good as the day i got it.