printer problems

phil dean

I've got a bubblejet printer which hasn't been used for months.

the ink had run out so I went and got refils, but on running them through the printer tries to print but nothing shows....any advice or is it printer heaven for this one.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Is it by any chance an Epson?? Had the same problem with an old 500 a while ago and i tried ALLSORTS!! But no go. I then a couple fo weeks after discovered a product which claimed to clean blocked jets on just such an occasion!! Cannot remeber exactly what it was called but ti was i think a JET-TEC branded substance and it was a CLEANER for periodic cleans on specifically Epson printers.

Hope this might be of some use??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

50/50 on these working in my experience (as an IT Manager).

Go for a new printer - eBuyer to a cracking Canon i series printer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/in...oduct_uid=88162

Bargain for under £30. The cartridges are about a quid or two a piece from www.choicestationary.co.uk AND the head is replaceable if it clogs at less than 20 notes.

Considering you get a new printer and set of cartridges for £30 which will probably be at least as good as most Epsons it is by far the easiest solution.

Ian W

Check to see if there is a 'paper thickness' lever. If so, it may be set too wide (to allow envelopes, etc to print). Push it to the smallest setting and try again.

Terry

Guest jay_con

With a bubble jet can you do a nozzle check and head clean in the print utilities menu??? Or am I sounding stupid again??

Thats a pretty big if these days....virtually everyone has a digital camera, web pages (although they usually print well in mono), emails etc....

The disposable laser printers these days (Samsung, Brother sub £60 printers) are not that bad a buy, and very reliable (6000 sheets for about £15 of toner cannot be bad). However cheap colour lasers are expensive to run (usually £70 plus per cartridge and you need four cartridges in most of them - the colours are put in separately). Cheap colour lasers usually don't give amazing output either....Watch out with lasers for drum/imaging kit costs and the like - they can cost upto half the price of the printer in many cases!

Ian W