Internet Explorer Shut Down Problem

Gaffer

If I get asked by my computer to tell Microsoft about this problem one more time....... :mad:

<<Rant over>>

Every now and then (over the last week) I click on a website and I get this message (below) pop-up on the screen and then IE shuts down.

Problem.gif

I can click on nearly all the threads on AN, but there are two that no matter how many times I try, I get the same message every time and IE shuts down. The main one being the thread that I started "Would you continue to fish....".

Why has this problem occured and why now?

I've deleted all my cookies and Tempory files, but I still have the same problem. :confused:

Any ideas?

Easy ...

Ditch IE and install Firefox. I got p*ssed off with IE doing exactly the same thing to me time after time.

Installed FireFox .. No problems !!

The Older I get .. The better I was.

I used to get that all the time but cant remember what caused it sorry.

This wont be the first or last time you here this but save yourself a lot of hassle and delete IE off your desktop and out of your start menu, and listen to zeniths advice and go get mozilla firefox.

http://www.mozilla.org/

I only have 1 prob with mozilla and that is Ebay doesnt like it. So if your using ebay may I suggest that you could at that point allow the monster that is IE back out of its cage.

Just out of interest, is your xp fully up to date with all updates etc eg sp1 and 2. Just I seem to remember that problem dissapeared after updates.

p4 /2.4 /768 /60 /56 /1gig

dvd/dvdrw/winxp home

avgfree/spywaredoctor/clean it

and i down load all and sundry from all over the place torrents etc

hope this helps

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

I'm using a Compaq Presario 2100 laptop.

Problem1.gif

I'm also running Avast 4.6 Home Edition (free) and Sygate Personal Firewall 5.5 (free). I've used both of these programs for a couple of years and won't use anything else.

Nope sorry. Line of thinking scuppered too. Used to happen to me when I ran on low ram.

Sorry guys. cant help.

Still recommend mozilla firefox though.