A big hello to you yakkers

gus

YY - Seeing the forecast is not too good this weekend am making myself a trolley after last weekends experience at Mothecombe. Got some great wheels from www.towsure.com called sandhoppers, they have lots of useful bits and bobs. Anyhow, I see your trolley is fixed to the back of your YAK which is what I intended, but how do you keep it secured there?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks YY thought it would have to be secure but fairly easy to get on and off.

Mothecombe - carried the Caper and all the gear down the hill from the car park easily (full of optimism and enthusiasm). Not really noticing how far and how steep it was. Coming back up was, looking back comical, like some demented giant sea snail with a big odd shaped yellow shell on its back. Staggering, zig-zagging, cursing, swearing and sweating all the way. Added to that I had my mobile phone and cigs in a plastic bag in my little hatch in the cat bag. I left them in there whilst carrying the YAK back up. I must of shipped a little water in the hull, and with carrying the YAK upside down this water settled in the hatch recess. With all my wild gyrations coming back up the hill the plastic bag opened! You guessed it when I got it out at the car, the phone was knackered and cigs, papers and lighter useless. So, couldn't even have a smoke to calm myself down a bit.

The pain of learning eh.

So a trolley it is for me, and am going to make it this weekend.

Yeh thanks YY :D:rolleyes:

Am intending to closely copy the trolley from anglersafloat, excuse my ignorance here, but is the guy who's site that is on this forum, as I have a question regarding the axle.

Gotcha now, many thanks YY, will try and get in touch with him. Don't know what it's like up the coast a little but it's blowing a hooley down here.

Also, forgot to add to the Mothecombe story had a bruise on my shoulder the size of an apple all week!