abu conolon xodus

Westie

Please don't tell me I got the wrong rod!!

Current outfit is 12'9'' Abu Xodus and Abu Sportsmag. I really like the rod and it seems to be fairly forgiving. I'm thinking about getting another, but this time trying a Penn 525 Mag with it.

Only thing I am finding is that the grip-loc reel seat doesn't always do what it says. Any tips on how easy it is to fit a permanent reel seat. I'm fishing the reel up, which I find most comfortable.

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Hi Westie,

When you change the reel seat,before you fit the new one.

Put the bottom of the butt under your armpit and reach up the butt,where your hand reaches, go 2 inches beyond to fit new seat.

There, or abouts, is your optimum distance for the reel position from the bottom of the butt.

Especialy if your in the up position with the reel, might need to play with it a little, worth the effort, to customise your rod to you.

Cheers.

Yakity. :)

Hi ..

Why fit a permenent reel seat ? I have used stainless steel coasters for years. Instantly adjustable .. and bombproof !!

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Must be honest, I find the griplock seat a bit lumpy!! I agree with the coasters idea!! I only have one rod on which I can't remove the griplock and even then I can get it far enough up out of the way so that it doesn't get in the way!

Does your rod have the extending butt also?? I must say I thought I would find this a bit of a faddy thing but it is actually quite a good idea!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))