International Delivery

kelvindavies11

im look at importing some kayaks from the usa, and need help location a good international delivery company. Has anyone done thsi also how much or where can i find out how much import tax ill have to pay.

your replys are most appreicated.

kelvin

hiya kelvin, i looked into it and found it to be a lot more expense and hassle than i expected.

i tried DHL and found that it would cost at least £180 (they would not give me an exact figure/price), then i would still have to make my own arrangements for pick up from the port or pay extra for it to be delivered to my home.

that was without the import tax.

i found it much easier and a lot cheaper to get one over here, not quite what i wanted, but at least a couple of hundred quid cheaper.

ray.

tight lines and safe paddling.

http://www.adventurekayakfishing.com/

Hi Kelvin

Unless you buy about 60 (a container load)- its not going to be viable.......

Your 180 pound quote will turn into nearer 1000 pounds per yak - as they will cube the weight.although they only weigh, lets say 20kgs the volume the yak takes up in an aircraft is taken into consideration.

I speak from experience on this mate - I had my first Malibu X delivered - shipping+ duty (only 5%) + Gst 10% (your vat) here alone (via air) was cost in quids EXCLUDING paying for the plastic 1200 pounds

I hope this isn't too depressing for you.....

Since then I've imported 2 x containers loads of Malibu's into Australia. and I'm looking for a business partner (or two) to start getting these Rolls Royce of yaks into Blighty!!

Any of you buggers got deep pockets and big balls!!? :D

Fishyak