NW Highlands meet?

spanner

Any one up for a week long yak-fest in the NW Highlands sometime in September or October?

The venue would be my house on Loch Ewe, see the link in my siggy below.

I don't have a date yet but depending on work and availability I'd like to get across sometime after the school hols for a week of dedicated yak fishing.

Free accomodation :) ..... just chip into the kitty for food, drink, 'leccy, fuel etc (and the cleaner) or bring your own if you are fussy! (thats the food and drink not the cleaner :D )

There is always shore fishing if the weather doesn't play fair.

There are two spare twin rooms (I'm not sharing my bed unless you have lumpy bits in all the right places and smell nice!) so there's beds for 4, plus extra floor/couch space for more.

Anyone interested or is it too far away for you Southern Softies? :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere is too far for we adventurous southerners! I was thinking about a visit to Cape Wrath anyway - so probably couldn't make the entire week - but happy to plan it round your dates and drop in for a day or two on the floor/couch. What fishing? SKATE!!! Oh yes!

Keep us posted as to dates.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Going to have to get my map out Spanner, I would love to, my wife will need pampering, got to get the SWFF Conclave out the way first, then I might broch the subject... from a distance you understand... :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I'll be able to go and see my sister on Skye on the way back - or paddle across to Staffin and walk round :D

If anyone ever fancies some REALLYgood pollack fishing - especially on fly - she has a good campsite, about 40 yards from the waters edge and with a brilliant kelp covered reef 10 minutes walk away round the rocks. I caught four double figure fish in one tide there last year, and a host of "small" 2 - 5 lbers. Tide rip over the reef, perfect for the fly from a yak. 800 yards paddle from the campsite beach!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I will have a word with Specimen,see what he thinks :D

I would love to fish up your neck of the woods :)

I think it must be about a 13 hour drive for us

zzippy2.gif

Hi Spanner.

I looked on the AA routefinder and it reckons its just over 13 hours for us.Thats without stops and not taking into account the traffic.

Its just under 700 miles

Your right about the scenery though.I looked on a few web sites for the Highlands.

Looks a lovely place to be in the summer,and very isolated in the winter.

I am off for 2 weeks in July/August,going to Devon for a bit of fishing with Specimen and our families.I will see what days off I can take off in September :D

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif