Rope Cleat

Newt

Simon Everett:

I am not fitting any cleats on the side because it is something else for the fly line to tangle around - this weekend it was mostly my trouser leg!

A piece of velcro strip long enough to go round the gripper and wide enough to occlude the protruding bits will take care of the fly line getting caught and will still allow for an emergency-type quick release of the line.

If you can find some old fashioned bicycle clips (designed to hold trouser legs to meat legs and prevent them catching in the chain) it should take care of the trouser issue.

Sorry but no suggestions to make about any snatch ideation. Estrogen supplements would probably do the job but the side effects are more than you'd want.

[ 20. July 2005, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***oLLy*** - if your dictionary ever goes missing, you can find most words with a google search by putting

define:xxxxx

in the search block.

For instance, define:occlude

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Small anchor bouys are available from:

http://www.marine-super-store.com/

I have an orange one, they are also available in blue.

SM:)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice one YY,

yeah I finally got around to thinking about anchoring!...the bungee thing is well advised. I use bugee or shock cord at either end of my pulley system this does a really nice job of taking any nasty shock waves out of the system. Equally the way I have fitted it allows me to remove the whole thing in a few seconds, which is dead handy when I don't want the pulley system there. Also I can swap the system to the other side of the yak in less than a minute, even when out on the water (handy when I want the wind on the other side if fly fishing).

Your bungee buffer cord on your anchor tie off, will work better than mine though, particularly if the anchor warp is following a straight line from tie off to anchor. Most of the time I find it's dog legging from tie off to pulley system and then down to the anchor. This dog leg gets the pulley system involved enough to allow my shock cord ends to take out the bumps. But like I say, if it gets straighter I would lose the effect, where your system would carry on working beautifully.

I might see if there is a simple way for me to incorporate your buffer too! :D

Anyhow, yes I will put some pics up for you Speciman. It's really easy to get sorted and as I say can be removed just as easily when you don't need it. More of that later.

Cheers for now, Art :)