New kayak - prototype

Simon Everett

Hi All,

After reading Simons' thorough write up I don't think there is much I can add.

I only had a 10 minute thrash and can agree that she certainly does track a lot better than my p13 although the tracking of the prowler can vary quite a bit according to how much gear is shoved in the front hatch.

Personally though i found the seat to be a bit too snug for comfort and my long legs felt a bit cramped and would ideally need another couple of inches to stretch them out. Are you sure the footwells are longer than the Prowler?

I'm sure that she will find favour with a few yakking anglers but for me I prefer the extra room of the p13 around the seating area, and contrary to remarks about the size of my A**e due to too many chips and burgers posted on the numb bum thread :( I can honestly say without any fear of contradiction that it could do with a lot more built in padding than it currently has. In fact it is decidedly bony :D

nifty.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't know from first hand do I :D

I can only go by the visual evidence - it must be that your wetsuit sags :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Well I think you'll find that 'soap' could be the answer Nifty...you'll slip in and out no trouble then! :D

Excellent job Simon! Many Thanks for taking the time to write and post...it must have taken ages!!! Anyhow well worth the effort and much appreciated! :)

I've showed interest in the Scupper Pro in the past but been put off by various aspects. However this prototype has taken the best bits and married them with some of the prowlers assets. Facinating stuff and certainly looks very promising.

I know these things are always sketchy, but any idea when OK might start producing such a model?

Also, on the trolley front, check the diameter of the scuppers and see if there is an osmaweld pipe size to fit. It's great stuff, glues up like concrete! My latest version is on Anglersafloat along with some other great trolley examples.

Thanks again Simon,

Tightlines, Art :)

Great write up Simon and nice pictures, glad to see that there is more room for accessories on this model, and thankfully no cup holders, I'm surprised that there are no scupper holes in the Tank Well, the Prowler 13 has some although they are not ideally placed.

Looks fast even on the grass. Wonder what they are going to call it. Scupper 13.5 perhaps :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I couldn't even hazard a guess! Gurus who pick model names or alpha-numeric systems baffle me. There used to be some really great names out there, cars, boats, bikes whatever - what do have now? A2, A3, A4, A6.....really imaginative then there's the other lot: C class, E class, A class - like an old fashioned train heirarchy..

Ant he Swedes have followed suit, mind you they have always used numbers: 144 was easy, series 1, 4 cylinder, 4 door. Quite what the V40 V50 V70, S40, S60etc is all about is anyones guess - no meaning to it see.

Triumph are doing OK: Trident, Bonneville, Tiger, Daytona, Thunderbird - those are naes you can conjour with in your imagination and picture yourself somewhere on one...

Scupper 13.5? I don't know, it doesn't have much of a ring to it really. Swordfish, or Marlin, or Sailfish perhaps - or how about Cormorant, Shag (that would be a good one), Puffin - sounds too much like hard work, but Guillemot, Razorbill, Fulmar, and Gannet would be Ok for model names.

Hey, I think I'll just go and copyright them now...

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

You and I are married ....no, I had better not say that, someone might be looking over my shoulder :D:D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I'd just like to point out that Simon and I are married, but not to each other.... just in case there was any misunderstanding... and we have only slept together once, but that is another story altogether. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com