New rod

musket

Just bought a maxximus solid carbon 10-20lb boat rod.Tiny slim little thing,strong and yet very sensitive.Possibly a bit short for some at 6'6" but I still managed to get the tip around the bow when the string of five mackeral decided to swap sides.

Here a some shots of it's first two outings.Sorry about the quality,they were taken on a disposable first then I photographed the prints with my digi camera.(waiting for an aqua pac cover before I risk taking the expensive one out)The rod you see here is actually my other one.

KIF_1303.JPG

KIF_1301.JPG

The first fish to fall to this brilliant rod just surfacing:

KIF_1304.JPG

KIF_1302.JPG

A small schoolie but great sport

Now out by Thurlestone KIF_1306.JPG

My first Gurnard for years ,albeit a tiddler,still put a bend in the maxximus.

KIF_1305.JPG

Here are a couple of shots showing how slim it is: KIF_1307.JPG

KIF_1308.JPG

Love it!!!

[ 19. August 2005, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice fish musket, just ordered a Maxximus Solid Carbon off a guy on ebay, have been putting it off for to long, haven't told the wife yet though

Careful with the Aquapac, you need to get hold of some of those silicone gel packs that soak up any dampness as I fried a mobile phone last year. Keep the camera out of direct sunlight as this may cause condensation to build inside the Aquapac, personally I'd buy a waterproof housing off the web, much safer and they float :)

SM :)

[ 19. August 2005, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Starvinmarvin ]

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice one Musket...I've got the same rod, bought it for the tope trip and it's magic!!! great bit of kit handles the big stuff and is a delight with small fish with every vibration transmitted straight to your finger tips. Great photos too!!! :)

SM you sneaky little devil...hope you got a bargain...it'll need to be or bang goes all those brownies!!! :D

All the best, Art :)

Tina, finally got her replacement mobile today, so hope that the happyiness lasts into next week when it arrives suddenly on the door step. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Great stuff. Was going to ask Art how he's been getting on with his new toy. Sounds like he still likes it so will keep this model on the 'may buy' list.

There's a guy who has a stall at Lymington Market on Saturdays who sells them at a reasonable price - about £65 I think.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Nothing for a pair, not in this game. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the Maxximus Solid Carbon Crew and picked up two 10-20lb rods from a seller at Lymington market today (£60 each).

They had the new Fladen multipliers in which I am told the England team have been using (as well as the Solid Carbon rods). The reels components are made by ABU and it looked and felt like a quality reel. £50 each. Will try and find out more about them.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Musket.

Great pics there, very nice.

Congrats on the new rod,nice piece of kit.

Had lots of fun with mine, feel everything through it.

Pity they didnt make a 9 foot version, although, thinking about it, 9 foot would have lost the spine of the rod maybe.

Unless they thickenend it up a little, which defeats the object I suppose.

Nice choice.

yy :)

Well mine never turned up, stolen on route, and the guy on ebay had run out of 10-20lbers, have been given a refund... gonna have to wait now, cos I'm after a new fly rod instead, which I am going to try and build from a blank... wish me luck :)

SM :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X