fishing in tenerife

opa

Hello everybody,

i will be on a holiday on Tenerife in July with my girlfriend. Since i really like to fish for sharks and billfish i am also planning to take 1 or 2 trips with a charter. When i was searching on google about sea fishing possibilities on Tenerife, i noticed this forum. With the search function i found a few topics on this forum where was said that many charters on Tenerife are a waste of money. Does anybody know a few good charter companies located on Tenerife, which they would recommend to me ?

I am also interested in shore fishing on Tenerife for ray and small sharks. Is it possible to catch these type of fishes from the beach or rocks on Tenerife ?

Thanks alot

Opa

Btw

i have on more question concerning fishing permits. I also read i will need a permit to fish on see in Tenerife. Where can i get that permit ? At a local fishing store ?

thanks

Welcome to you opa. Hopefully someone who knows about that area will see this and post an answer that will help you. Meanwhile, just so you know the post isn't being ignored ..... :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt can I send you a larn yoursel Geordie book?

Crabs - you swine! Snatcher :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi opa.Had been tempted in the past on a charter trip out of Los Cristianos,but had been warned about them being a rip off, so steared clear.

There could well be a better selection of charters from the capital,Santa Cruz.I have fished from the rocks on both Teneriffe and Lanzarote and as far as i am aware no licence's needed.

Chuby

hi opa,hope you have a great holiday!the most exiting shore fishing is aguably with the barracuda, or espeton as they sometimes call it. the outside edge of breakwaters is the best spot. check first that angling is allowed. if you see "pesca prohibida" then go elsewhere.the locals use rapalas of 9 to 12 cm, poppers, white with a red head, being very good too.if you use small lures, use a wire trace, the locals use 9 to 12kg strength, as you will lose fish with lures atached otherwise. each autonomous region in spain has its own licence, the canary islands being a region. the reality is though that they overlook holiday makers,basicaly turn a blind eye. although not if you are freshwater fishing, for some reason they can be very strict with that!our licences we get from our local bank, although, i am sure the local tackle shop will advise you, if you ask them.i am in a different region so our procedure may be slightly different.if you do get a barracuda, watch their teeth as they make, pike look gummy!!!!!best wishes and good luck! :D

Thanks all for the warm welcome

Cubby what did you catch of the rocks ? I also found that website through google, the site nautilandia.com

However i really would like to hear personal experiences, since that would be the best indication for me to choose a charter company.

Captain, thanks for sharing your knowledge. I have caught barracuda before on the red sea however that was on 50 lbs material and the fight wasnt that hard. How many lbs should a rod have to be able to land the bigger barracudas with a nice fight :)

What do you mean with the outside edge of breakwaters ? (i am from the Netherlands, this is not in my vocabulary hehe. ) Do you mean points where the waves touch down ?

Btw what are other big fish that swim around the shore lines? Have you ever caught sharks and rays from the shore ?

thanks all !! I really appreciate it :)