kayak insurance

moog

They will, but only while it is at home presumably. So if it got nicked fro the shed they would cover you for the theft - but not cover the kayak for use - you need a marine insurer for that - try Armada like I said.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought stems from these posts:- 'are we obliged (or would it be prudent even) to have some sort of third party cover in place to cover accidental damage/public liability?'. I cannot envisage causing great damage with a Yak but being in the wrong place at the wrong time could have repercussions. Any advice?

KAYAKS:

* OK Prowler 13 (Sunrise)

* OK Scupper Pro TW (Mango Flame)

Hi Moonyaker.

A third party insurance is always a good idea, in most sports.

In this age of sue you for looking at me etc.

I suppose there are times when you could do someone harm, i.e. loading, off loading the Kayak.

Transporting it to a launch site.

Coming into shore via a surf zone.

And so it goes on, lots of reasons you could do harm with a Kayak.

I suppose it boils down to the individuals own peace of mind.

On a personal note, I dont have a third party insurance.

It would be interesting to see who, if any have got it ?

YY :)

Many thanks for that Yakity,

Not obligatory but prudent!

I will see whether by chance the existing household insurance covers Yaking activities (third party wise) and if not see how much such separate cover would cost. Maybe there is a syndicate at Lloyds that might offer Yak specific cover; tis a growing sport afterall!

KAYAKS:

Of course, membership of a recognised organisation with inclusive third party would do the trick, probably cheaper too.

My Countryside Alliance membership covers me for ALL legal fieldsports and country pursuits for 3rd party upto £5 million - including angling....

I might just see if kayak angling would be covered.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Yakity & Simon

Simon, you beat me to it!

Recreational Membership of the British Canoe Union at £29.00 per annum would appear to give £5M third party liability too (though may require a bit more investigation a la piscatorial aspects). See www.bcu.org.uk . It would almost be negligent not to join!

Also, www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/insurance gives a little guidance on Yak cover; theft and accidental damage and the likes.

KAYAKS:

the fishy side could be covered by joining the NFSA, that will give you £5 million 3rd party public lia. for any angling activity worldwide.

you'd be helping the fight to conserve our fish stocks too.

It would be interesting to find out if BCU insurance covers kayak fisherman not just kayakers. If thats the case then perhaps a rule of entry for boat comps could be all kayakers have BCU membership. That way when we approach the organisers of these events the insurance issue can be laid to rest as we're already covered.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow