Yak Diver.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

YakDiver:

"you say most fish are very wary"  there not I've had bass come right up to me and have hand fed a large thornback skate it was about 11-12 LB.

But now sadly I can't go down very deep now I still like to snorkel, but never go below 10-12 ft, so it will be with rod and line from now on.

I gues that we have have had different experiences in that respect. Certainly most of the large fish I encountered were very wary of me whether I was carrying a spear gun or a camera. Indeed, I spent several years trying to photograph sharks, but I never got close enough to them to do so - unless I surprised them under ledges, and a surprised shark makes me very nervous!*LOL*

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I have never seen a shark on open water, a couple of years ago a tope went over my head and I sh1t a brick it was only about 4 foot long, sharks no way I came to the top like a surface to air missile and scrambled into my kayak as fast as I could I didn't even remove my weight belt something I normally would do, no I like my fish pan size.

The biggest fish I have taken with rod and line was a 32lb tope from a boat Isle Of Wight

And a 30LB conger from the shore from Hurst Castle.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Jesus Yakdiver I float fish off HUrst Castle (great sport on the old Bass) The thought of a 30lb Conger gets the juices flowing. Tell me where you released it.... Not sure if I want to find it or avoid it at this stage :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Dive in the areas in which I do most of my snorkelling these days and if you are afraid of sharks you will be getting out of the water every few minutes. You do need to be aware of the species of shark, numbers and situations. For example if I see a tiger shark I get out of the water. If I see a large shark I am unable to identify readily I get out of the water. If I see a number of black tips taking an interest in me, again I get out of the water. I looked under one ledge while I was in pursuit of cray fish and saw six grey nurse sharks up to about 12' feet in length. I just left them to their siesta and continued my search under other ledges. If I see a shoal of large barracuda I become very frightened. They are a dangerous problem and a friend of mine were bailed up by a shoal once but thankfully we were on scuba at the time.

One tip if you are snorkelling in waters containing sharks, (no such thing as shark infested waters in my book)and you shoot a fish. Kill it as quickly as possible by cutting its throat if necessary. The blood in the water does not create as big a problem as the struggles of a dying fish. Sharks can feel that from some considerable distance away, but the story that they can smell a drop of blood from similar distances is absolute bull. Also, if you can't put your fish into a 'yak/boat immediately, then keep them in a bag suspended below a float on the end of a 10m cord. If something big wants your fish, just let go of the cord!

The sharks in the area do grow big and I have caught them to 1200lbs. But not from a 'yak!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Hi Darnsarf

I did not put it back I took it home and I carried it all the way back along the shingle bank.

I heard of bigger congers coming out from the point, very deep water, best to fish it on a neap tide only also had bas to 8lb and cod to 16lb all caught on whole squid.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

KInd of relieved.

Best Bass from that area was 5.5lb on floated rag. Nice little billy put up a scrap on 6lb line.

Float/Light tackle is my thing. The idea of a conger appeals. One day will try letting a float fished squid drift along or just off the bottom. Conger would be an impressive addition to my float species list. Mind you might need to upgrade the 6lb line :D

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)