Mull of Galloway "Lads Week 2006"

Snatcher

How many yakkers have we got in total then and where are you all stopping.Give me your target species and I will try my best to put you on the money :)

I fancy one session at shore tope so if anyone would be kind enough to paddle out my bait for me !!!! :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Snatcher,

Two booked in to clashwhannon.Jon(musket) and Martin(borderman).

Would be happy to paddle out your bait,will have walkie talkies so you could tell me precisely where to drop it.!!

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Snatcher I would love to come up but am having problems with passes at the moment, and to many trips planned already, wife is getting a little touchy.

Ian Burrett's name caught my eye there, tell me has he managed a Tope on the fly yet, I've been looking high and low for some information on targetting the little devils on the fly and his name keeps popping up but that's it, no techniques or patterns sadly. I

I've got two trips planned to Wales so far this year and would like to have a try and need all the help I can get, we would be fishing in about 20 - 25 feet of water.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Snatcher I would love to come up but am having problems with passes at the moment, and to many trips planned already, wife is getting a little touchy.

Ian Burrett's name caught my eye there, tell me has he managed a Tope on the fly yet, I've been looking high and low for some information on targetting the little devils on the fly and his name keeps popping up but that's it, no techniques or patterns sadly. I

I've got two trips planned to Wales so far this year and would like to have a try and need all the help I can get, we would be fishing in about 20 - 25 feet of water.

Ian was telling me that the window of oppertunity is fairly small. It occurs when a tope is hooked and brought to the boat and a second fish follows the hooked fish up. That is the chance to cast a lure on fly gear to the tope.

Tied up a couple of Joey mackeral lures for 2 of your yakkers last year. Think one may have been Captain Organ. Heard no reports back though. Hope this helps :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Thanks Snatcher,

This is what I thought might be the case, getting them off the bottom being the main problem, I have a joey pattern that was sent to me as part of a fly swap which may work.

Thanks

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to the "Lads Week" theme. Just got back from the caravan about one hour ago.The owner Martin was cutting the grass on the tent area by the shore and appears to have enlarged it slightly. He says that if the tents are pitched sensibly it should take 4 or 5 two man tents. You can book a pitch in advance and it is only £4 a night per tent. Will stick up the number again in case anyone wants to book.

Clashwhannon Caravan Park.Drummore. Martin and Louise 01776 840632. Looking forward to it :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Starvin',

just play her like a fish!

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Starvin',

just play her like a fish!

Then kiss her and put her back :P

HERE