By kind permission from Elton

south african

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Simon.

I dint think there is any bickering here, people have a right to say what they feel about a given subject/product.

It may not suit everybody elses views and ideas, but... :)

We have heard a lot about the X Factor, and the guys are pushing it hard, maybe a little too hard.

I think we all know that there are alternatives out there to the popular "OCEAN KAYAK" breed.

No one appears to want to offer a price on one of these X Factors so far, (kayak on its own)

I can see where Speciman is coming from, all of a sudden the X Factor has appeared on this forum.

With the way the guys are marketing the X Factor, and comparing it to other kayaks, with stories of what the X Factor can do, and others cant,new guys visiting this forum with a view to starting in the sport may be swayed into buying a kayak that just wont suit thier fishing needs, and circumstances.

Nice to see the X Factor here, but less of the hype would be good, leave that side of it to the marketing boys and the advertisers.

Now a good idea would be for the guys to take one of the Kayaks around for guys to try out and paddle.

The more people that try out the Kayak the better, being as its a new design.

No Kayak can be judged on one or two reviews get it out and about amoungst the guys to try out.

YY:)

YY - it was the tooing and frooing I was on about.

Look at the posts just above mine - three or four up, the bickering had started - all about words apparently not the product.

I said nothng on the subject - that will wait for print. I have tried the X-Factor and will print what I found.

I agree with your sentiments - but I just felt arguements were begining to ensue. This is not the place to air them - which is why it was so graceful of Mad yakker to back down from a slanging match, which looked like it was going to ensue.

Let people write what they think and believe so others can make a judgement. Not argue the toss as to who was right and who was wrong. That's all I was on about - not the actual content.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Guys

I can't see that there was anything for MY to back down from; we shared a few thoughts and then left it :confused:

I wish Malibu all the best and look forward to seeing their range in the flesh.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Hi Yakity,

Stuart won't be able to get back to you at the mo with the price as he has been doing a 2 day trial with mags and customers, was hoping to get down and try it out today for myself, but being under the thumb had to give the offer up and pursue household and family duties that had been mounting over the previous weeks of fun and adventure... I'm sure that there will be more opportunities around the country.

As for Simon, you know what he's like, he won't be able to bite his tongue for too long, giving out little snippets here and there... Simon, send me a mail please to let me know what I missed. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Oh go on then....I'll have to resize some pictures though - or I'll be using up all the web space again :D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

:confused: Ill happily back down if needed. But not sure why! I feel responsible for starting this.....sorry! i was just making a comment about advertising methods not the product its self. Id only comment on a product if i had a chance to try it first.

Saying something is 'the most comfortable in the world' is like saying 'the most beautiful building in the world' or 'the most tasty fish in the world' its not a quantifiable statement, its a personal judgment and needs to be written as such.

Anyway case closed, sorry if i stirred up peoples feelings. I didnt mean to ruin a thread advertising a new kayak.