Lucky First 2 Casts!

AlderneyBassman

Oh dear you seem offended why? and why do you shout FOR YOU??

1 So its ok to fish catch as many fish as you like as long as you return them, and as long as you do not take pictures and put them on the net.

2 Its not ok to eat any unless you catch 50 then you can eat two?

If I can't get your points how many others do you think won't?

At the risk of insulting myself and calling myself stupid ranting as often as you obviously have done has got you far to close to the subject to put forward a well explained argument. When a question is asked for clarification I really do want to know of your views.

I, believe it or not was not being sarcastic I was asking why is it better for me to eat one thats already caught than one I catch myself?

I'm not in the least bit offended, I dont rant, and I try as best as I can to explain my point of view. Some people need to be spoon-fed, and if they dont know how to read properly theres nowt more I can do. Oh and I was not shouting, I was EMPHASISING - sorry I shoulda made that one clear.

1. No thats not what I said, see above.

2. You missed the point, and I dont have time to explain AGAIN (emphasis) for your benefit, and in ought to come as no surprise to hear your views are no longer of interest to me. No offence.

I'll agree to differ with you on my badly made points, and will say no more on the matter.

Please feel free to have the last word you sound that type.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I'll bother with any more catch reports :(

Maybe I should head for Florida where I'd be more welcome :huh:

Hi AB,

No complaints from me mate great fish.Obviously Rapala and his mates must be members of that Bass anglers bulls------g society.Always trying to force there opinions onto those of us who keep some of the fish we catch.What small memory,s they have >The people who they suck upto are the ones years ago kept all the Bass they caught and made a packet out of it by publishing books, talk about double standards.Used to be a member but found it to be a very secretive,back stabbing and unfriendly society.They have about 400 or so members when in actual fact there must be and i'm guessing about 200,000 bass anglers out there and thats a conservative estimate.So why is the membership so low?????? I wonder!

Bass catcher ,and i also take fish for the table whenever i want .

Well done AB Nice fish,

I bet they were lovely eaters. much nicer than the ones that sit in shops going stale before you get to eat them.

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Hiya Bassman

Realise this reply is a bit late, but I just wanted to say NEVER think twice about telling us about catches etc. Most of us want to see that sort of thing. Well done on the two bass, and thanks for the posting.

Ignore the critics - I've said it before and I'll say it again - anyone can have an opinion, and thats exactly what it is - an opinion. My opinion is this forum is here to discuss FISHING, not politics.

I'm not in the least bit offended, I dont rant, and I try as best as I can to explain my point of view. Some people need to be spoon-fed, and if they dont know how to read properly theres nowt more I can do. Oh and I was not shouting, I was EMPHASISING - sorry I shoulda made that one clear.

1. No thats not what I said, see above.

2. You missed the point, and I dont have time to explain AGAIN (emphasis) for your benefit, and in ought to come as no surprise to hear your views are no longer of interest to me. No offence.

I'll agree to differ with you on my badly made points, and will say no more on the matter.

Please feel free to have the last word you sound that type.

No - But I will - CHEERS (emphasis)

:lol:

Right here we go, for all the fish eaters :)

My favorite bass recipe for an impressive dinner party (bit ponced up)!

French recipe from Normandy, only 6 miles away from us :D

Bar en Croute.

Fillet bass and fry the 2 fillets in butter briefly to firm them up. Put aside.

Make a stuffing of mushrooms, shallots, breadcrumbs, hardboiled eggs, parsley and chervil.

Roll out puff pastry and place 1 fillet skin side down on it.

Cover fillet with stuffing then place other fillet on top.

Cover with another puff pastry sheet and seal all around.

You can then go all artistic and make it look like a fish with scales, gill cover, eyes etc.

Brush with beaten egg and cook in oven for 30 mins or so.

Like I say a bit flash, but great as a dinner party main course.

Thats the galloping gourmet bit done.

Off to mince up some mackerel for shirvy (groundbait) ;)

Edited by AlderneyBassman

Right here we go, for all the fish eaters :)

My favorite bass recipe for an impressive dinner party (bit ponced up)!

French recipe from Normandy, only 6 miles away from us :D

Bar en Croute.

Fillet bass and fry the 2 fillets in butter briefly to firm them up. Put aside.

Make a stuffing of mushrooms, shallots, breadcrumbs, hardboiled eggs, parsley and chervil.

Roll out puff pastry and place 1 fillet skin side down on it.

Cover fillet with stuffing then place other fillet on top.

Cover with another puff pastry sheet and seal all around.

You can then go all artistic and make it look like a fish with scales, gill cover, eyes etc.

Brush with beaten egg and cook in oven for 30 mins or so.

Like I say a bit flash, but great as a dinner party main course.

Thats the galloping gourmet bit done.

Off to mince up some mackerel for shirvy (groundbait) ;)

Mmm, sounds nice. Will try that sometime.

Mind if I add the recipe to my forums for the Guernsey Lads to see?

Andy

www.gbass.co.uk - The Guernsey Bass Anglers Sportfishing Society

if you want a really top recipe for bass then try this its a bit time consuming and fiddly but well worth it.

You need one bass about 12-13lb.... sorry only joking :P one around 4lb is ideal.

Now comes the important bit you must fillet it so that the two fillets stay joined (I have found this easiest with an un-gutted fish so then you can fillet it in the conventional way from the back) if it has been already gutted then the job is a bit harder as you need to keep it joined at the back.then whip off his head and tail

The next thing is to steam a load of spinach or if you want the full authentic taste then 50/50 spinach and stinging nettle leaves(don't woryy they won't sting once cooked.

When this has sweated down it must be rung out thoroughly until quite dry.

Then spread it inside the fillets of bass.

Next line up a row of scallops along the backbone( enough to fill the fish).

Fold over one fillet and roll the thing up to form a tidy sausage.

wrap it in cling film and a tea towel and twist the ends to bind it tight.

Put it in the freezer for 30-40 mins or until it has just started to freeze on the outside.

Take it out and slice the sausage into slices about a scallop thick, take each slice and tie some string around it to prevent it coming untied when cooking.

Pan fry for 3-4mins each side you should now be able to cut off the string without it comming apart.

Serve with leeks and crushed new potatoes and a sauce made by reducing a pint of stock and a whole bottle of wine, to about a wine glass full , finished with a knob of butter(the sauce should be glossy and fairly thick .

Edited by chappers