Windows Reactivation?

hoppy

Hi all, I wonder if anyone could help, I keep getting a window product activation message everytime I start up windows XP Home, asking/telling me to reactivate windows, it started 4 days ago, saying, 3 days left, 2 days, 1 day. I registered when I first bought the machine new nearly 2 years ago, so why is it asking me to do it again after nearly 2 years,? its puzzling me. will my puter stop operating if I dont do anything.

The other thing thats puzzling is, when I have filled my details in, it goes on to tell me to insert certain tel Nos which are of the european and american type, with prefix codes :( in the end I just abort and click on remind me later :angry:

Heres some pics I took of the prob, hope you can see them...best I could do with my camera.

put1.jpg

put2.jpg

put3.jpg

put4.jpg

Cheers Hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

OK Fellas, got it sorted now ok, there were more options in the popup windows, and went through the web to reactivate without special phone numbers, and a pop up answered and confirmed that my windows xp home had been reactivated.

Now....I dont know why this happened, the only clue I got was in one of the messages that said, .....Due to changes in your systems hardware etc etc, you need to reactivate Windows? Anybody else had this message? puzzling....cheers....hoppy

OK Fellas, got it sorted now ok, there were more options in the popup windows, and went through the web to reactivate without special phone numbers, and a pop up answered and confirmed that my windows xp home had been reactivated.

Now....I dont know why this happened, the only clue I got was in one of the messages that said, .....Due to changes in your systems hardware etc etc, you need to reactivate Windows? Anybody else had this message? puzzling....cheers....hoppy

Recently made any major hardware changes to the PC?

Sorry Ste for the late reply, been away a few days.

I didnt make any hardware changes or added any, software maybe for the hardware I've already got, I'm always adding updates to my computer from bonafide websites, but Ive been doing that for years, so it puzzles me, why I should get the message up on my screen, unless its a new alert thingy from bill gates?