Catch Report Southampton Water

richi

fished soton water on saturday.launched at hamble point,fished the mouth of the hamble for 1 hour no takes.paddled over to fawley,caught 3 pouting of about 1/2 pound apiece including a double then got into trouble for bieng too close to the refinery,i didn't know that you must stay 120 yards away!do they own the water too or what? anyway i paddled on to calshot and caught 3 smoothounds -great!never caught one before had two on rag and a big one (i think it looked pregnant)on a squid pennel.everything went back and i paddled back to hamble point a very happy bunny :):)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Hooray,

It's been a while since we've had any postings' re: actual fishing.

Well done ,am very jealous of your smoothhounds- still to tick that fish box.

Hope to get out myself wednesday/thursday,weather permitting.

cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Ha :D

Beat you to it Hungry!!

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Nice one Richi

It will be a while b4 I can get out again :(

I have loads of overtime to do at work.The weather wasnt much cop on my last 2 days off to get out.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hi Richi,

Excellent report, bit rough being chased off from the refinery, guess you were lucky the Caper was yellow and not green, they would have probably arrested you as a terrorist. :ph34r:

Smoothound, Calshot, what time do you want to meet up :D

Give me a shout if you fancy some company.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Great Stuff Richi.

I tried with Zzippy and Specimen for a smoothound. We were in the right spot alright, but only Specimen caught smoothies - two takes and one landed. Zzippy caught a clonking flounder and I couldn't catch anything but bl**dy bass!

I would love to catch a smoothound, like Jon, still to get one of those - and a plaice (and lots of other things too if the truth be known!)

Are they still about in those shallows Spec?/Zzippy?

Plenty of flounder on the Welsh estuaries - Nifty had 5 and missed 3 in an hour or so the other day. He is still down at the caravan. If the weather is half decent we are going to have a try at the weekend - another baited spoon attempt!!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Simon

The Smoothound are still around but not in numbers.A few have been caught at chessil beach,and small pups off the beaches at Bournemouth.

I am not too sure about Lymington and Pennington sea wall.I will have to phone a friend that lives that way.

As for Flounders,theres not alot comming out of Poole harbour at the moment.I think they must all be on holiday in Wales :o

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hi Richi,

Excellent report, bit rough being chased off from the refinery, guess you were lucky the Caper was yellow and not green, they would have probably arrested you as a terrorist. :ph34r:

Smoothound, Calshot, what time do you want to meet up :D

Give me a shout if you fancy some company.

SM :)

can't go next weekend the trouble & strife is coming over from Germany for the weekend but i'm up for it the weekend of the5&6 of nov i,it needs to be pretty calm though

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph