More Pike advice!

Mat Hillman

Can anyone suggest how to tackle a slow moving river for pike?

My new club has a stretch of the Suffolk Stour, which i'm told is thier best pike water!

Medium size river, slow moving 6-12ft deep.

Wondering if I'll get away wth my locslide pike floats or if I'll need something different ?

Mat

Mat

Matt

which club have you joined as there are only 2 small sections to clubs outside the area either elm park or billericay.

Let me know and I will help with venue advice although be warned for the last few weeks it has been hammering through.

John

Hi Matt

They have the stretch at Great Henny. It is an interesting bit but the parking is one end and a long walk to what is the best bit winter time for pike. At the far end it has tree's running along far bank to a weir at the end. The weir is private but the silver fish move close to tree's and weir in winter and the pike follow.

The early part is open meadow with also a fixed weirpool that could be worth a try.

It is a good depth as you say but the rains make it unfishable at times. However it quickly settles down and a visit to the EA rivers level site will show you when.

John