New Pb Barbel...........

Guest Brumagem Phil

Guest Brumagem Phil

Its been a week now since my rods got properly wet, and the barbel were calling me, so decided to go and fish the severn this evening. Phoned around my fishing buddies but got the usual "too tired" or "too cold" type responses so decided to venture off on my own rather than abandon the idea (its not the first time i've fished alone due to having a bunch of puffs as fishing buddies!! LOL)

Took 5 barbel with a new PB of 12 lb 4 oz.......got to be better than watching coronation street eh?? ;-)

Sounds like you had a good session then. Any chance of a picture or five? That's a fish I really regret we don't have over here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Its been a week now since my rods got properly wet, and the barbel were calling me, so decided to go and fish the severn this evening. Phoned around my fishing buddies but got the usual "too tired" or "too cold" type responses so decided to venture off on my own rather than abandon the idea (its not the first time i've fished alone due to having a bunch of puffs as fishing buddies!! LOL)

Took 5 barbel with a new PB of 12 lb 4 oz.......got to be better than watching coronation street eh?? ;-)

Cant be bad Phil a new PB and four other fish, however can't eclipse my PB eel last Saturday!!

Don't forget to PM me where you caught them. + method, bait, etc. when you come down from the ceiling!!

Well done Phil, you desrve it!!

Yours in anticipation , and totally unworthy.... :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a good session then. Any chance of a picture or five? That's a fish I really regret we don't have over here.

Cannot see you you can't have them over the pond Elton, but would your fellow anglers ever want to 'hair rig' baits, use copious amounts of luncheon meats, dress up in combat gear (possibly) and very often spend hours fishing for no return? The ideal approach for barbel is not a lure appoach, could be a problem :(

Guest Brumagem Phil

Thanks for the remarks guys......this place really is rather a friendly place :-)

Newt.....no piccy i'm afraid. I rarely carry a camera so have few pics of my catches. Perhaps santa might sort that particular problem for me.

Judley......I'm aware of a 14 lb 4 oz one in the same section and its my belief that there is even bigger than that so still plenty to go for IMO. Lost another couple of fish and probably mised numerous bites as I ignored all the nudges and taps due to the the amount of debris and leaves int he water. I was only fishing about 10 feet out as any further resulted in my feeder trying to make gloucester by morning!

Rabbit.....still not managed to bag me an eel :-( Everytime I slap a ruddy great lob on me hook, I hook a 4 lb bream and so it goes for the rest of the evening. To be fair, I am hedging my bets and whopping it out on an inline feeder with bread hemp n corn but I thought I may have gotten lucky maybe once. I might create myself a different groundbait with some mushed up fish, grated luncheon meat and some other stuff which might attract the eels in.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

I'm aware of a 14 lb 4 oz one in the same section and its my belief that there is even bigger than that so still plenty to go for IMO.

I totally agree with you, there's some monster barbel in the Severn. Biggest i've heard about (locally) is 13lb, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone was to bag a 15lb fish in the not to distant future.

Tight lines BP & be sure to post some pics when Santa delivers your shiny new cam ;)

Guest Brumagem Phil

Thanks SW.....how did you get on up at bridgenorth by the way?

I actually checked the webcam yesterday before I went and thought the river looked back to normal, but on arriving at the river found it to be up by about 3 or 4 feet and hustling along!

What i'll have to do is save a webcam pic when the river is at normal levels so I have something to compare it against.

I couldnt get to fish that crease we spoke of by the way....theres only one peg which you could fish to there from anyway at night and it was underwater. Real pity as I think that particular bit of the river must hold rakes of fish when the water is up........bream and river carp included.