Deer Lady

Newt

Nice. Deer and girl.

deer_girl.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Ferret1959

I was surfing through some African big game sites a few weeks back and was suprised the amount of women who take part.

Mostly with bow and arrow too.:)

There are probably more female bowhunters around these days due to the rise and rise of the compound bow - those nasty (to us longbowers) contraptions with the pulleys at each end that look a bit like external fracture fixation devices.

Basically, they allow very high draw weights to be used, as the pulleys quickly take over and at full draw, the archer is holding only a percentage of the draw weight on the fingers.

What with that and the other "aids" on those bows, you might just as well use a rifle. I suppose a bow's quieter, though... :)

Peter - I never know what the reaction will be to this sort of photo and have quit even trying to guess. Usually interesting though. In fact, some of the comments on here re: killing most anything make me wonder. I'm guessing that quite a few posters aren't aware that if they buy meat (fish, fowl, beef, whatever) that it belonged to an animal at some point and that said animal was killed.

Severus - not my picture. I got it via email and just thought it was worth posting. I'd have to say she was a little better prepared than this bozo though.

mighty_deer_hunter.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

What sort of reaction were you hoping for, Newt? Surely, by now, you know us that Brits have mixed, unfathomable values where animals are concerned!

You certainly got that right Peter "unfathomable" is the right word.

Nice looking woman all the same.

Hunting in dayglo suits is a strange phenomenon, kind of removes the word "stalking" from the term "deer stalking" I would think. Ironic that these suits are needed to stop the hunters becoming the hunted.