Anybody watching the white water yak Olympics events?

Newt

We've been watching they white water event. After seeing those folks maneuver in such conditions, I have an increased respect for what and where you can safely use a kayak. Granted,. they are using small 'sit in' boats but the control they have in some really fast water is amazing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Nothing yet. I estimate it would need a 35 lb flat weight to hold bottom and none of them seem to have the needed gear.

Watching them paddle through the gates that require a turn and going through against the current without touching the sides is seriously awe inspiring to this old country boy though. Some did need to roll over to avoid touching the gate sides though (they are hanging and lack about a foot of touching the water so there is room but not much).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Did they catch owt ???

My thoughts exactly!!

Sounds like I missed something good...I haven't watched a second of the Olympics as I don't like sport. I rather wish I'd known that was on though as it would have been interesting.

Wetter than an otter's pocket.

I really enjoy watching the olympics when time allows. Sadly it means getting up early wh'ch im no good at. Ive watched the white water canoeing before and yes its brilliant to watch especially if we have a good brit, which most often isnt the case.

We won a Silver in the slalom yesterday ;)

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

coverage of the Olympics in our country has been spread over 6 or more channels. i did finally find a website that has been helpful in at least finding the USA basketball games. Newt working the evening shift has us watching events up until sometimes 5 am. our cable provider has even added some new channels with HD to their lineup. the yaking has been great fun to watch. the course drops over 100 ft in a very short amount of time. my shoulder/bicep surgery has allowed me the chance to see about anything I can find (but has me unable to fish). some of the events sure does make one wonder how the h*ll they could possibly become a part of the olympics.

;

Been watching via BBCi take a look at this video the last clip do you think this guy was happy ?

BBCi Funny Olympic Clips

I think he was from Toga or something,bit like Darnsarf on the first S.O.T. course :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Here is a link that contains video of several of the runs. You may need to install a plug-in if you are running firefox - a Microsoft bit and safe.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/canoekayak/inde...orcereload=true