Do You Clean Your Tackle?

Stoaty

Quote from Pugs.

Staoty, you have really lost me on that one, care to rephrase or explain the reasoning behind that?

Pugs, what i think Stoaty is trying to say, if you plan on going on an 8-10-12 hour fishing trip, then for some unknown reason the trip gets called off after just a couple of hours, then the gear you have, should still be as new, and ready for the next trip = No need to check or clean it.

I wash and clean my rods and reels after every trip. Even wash the Beach Buddy in the garden occasionally. I think then that if ever I come to sell them, they look almost new. I take pride in my ultra clean tackle ;) . People even look on in awe at my glowing rod when I am hanging out on the beach. :o

Yes Mr Ash, your rod does seem to shine a bit, especialy the red end...lol

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:lol::D Mr Mick, nice to "see ya". Yeah, I guess you caught a glimpse of it then. Was wondering whether it was worth fishing in the middle of them sun bathers at Eastlane that we have seen. I think if we set up in the middle of 'em, they would be impressed. I think the sun would actually reflect off me tackle , with that Mr Sheen type shine... B) P.S. Hope you and Carol are keeping well................

Ok I will come at it from a different direction. How long do you expect your terminal tackle to last? If you go on a 12 hour trip do you change it every 2 hours or just scrap it when you get home. If you are the type of person who goes on a 12 hour trip and dosen't change it, does that mean your rigs will do 2 six hour trips?

My rigs usually last until I can't get the dried up old bait off the hook ... lol

pain.gif

Ok I will come at it from a different direction. How long do you expect your terminal tackle to last? If you go on a 12 hour trip do you change it every 2 hours or just scrap it when you get home. If you are the type of person who goes on a 12 hour trip and dosen't change it, does that mean your rigs will do 2 six hour trips?

My rigs usually last until I can't get the dried up old bait off the hook ... lol

pain.gif

This could get messey? Its personal, same as one or two recent threads, I like clean gear, a tidy ship, others are not so bothered, as i say it is personal. Therefore, on a personal level, as its my boat, I pick and choose who I invite on board for a trip. There is certainly one individual (not a member of 'AN') who does not get an invite, he is an unbelievabley mucky and untidy angler, catches a lot of fish though, but not on my boat! :)

:ph34r:

Oh the boat is tidy and clean always gets a good hose down and clean after every trip. It's just my tackle that is wayward.

I have a mate that comes with me a lot. He is an expert at treading squid into my treadmaster floor. I still let him come along though, because he's a friend. Not the Free diesel, filters, pump belts, wire and cable, engine oil, cam belts, hydraulic fluid, gear oil, solenoids, connectors, fuses, assorted really cool tools, stainless bolts, alternator belts, bulbs and bait he gives me.

this person wouldnt be related to me would he?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I'm of the Stoaty school of tackle care.

Rods get left made up on the boat till the next trip.

I do sometimes take the bait off the hooks at the end of the day though. :D

Bass tackle gets a clean up in April when I take what's left of the treble hooks off the plugs and replace them.

Beachcasting gear gets a clean in November whether it needs it or not :P

Oh the boat is tidy and clean always gets a good hose down and clean after every trip. It's just my tackle that is wayward.

I have a mate that comes with me a lot. He is an expert at treading squid into my treadmaster floor. I still let him come along though, because he's a friend. Not the Free diesel, filters, pump belts, wire and cable, engine oil, cam belts, hydraulic fluid, gear oil, solenoids, connectors, fuses, assorted really cool tools, stainless bolts, alternator belts, bulbs and bait he gives me.

Stoaty, whats his name, sure I can find a corner on KT occasionaly, sounds like a 'very nice guy' :rolleyes: lol

:ph34r:

I wash my rods and reels with soap water every time out( i fsih 2x a week) as well as my boat. This usually takes me 1 1/2 hrs but I feel it is very important to do! I also change the line in my reels every 6 or 7 trips out, unless I have a tournament and I'll change it even if its been used only once!