Do You Clean Your Tackle?

Stoaty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this person wouldnt be related to me would he?
No he isn't Sam

Stoaty, whats his name, sure I can find a corner on KT occasionaly, sounds like a 'very nice guy'
So nice my diesel bill for the last 2 years has been £0 The tank is always full

happy.gif

I wash my rods and reels with soap water every time out( i fsih 2x a week) as well as my boat. This usually takes me 1 1/2 hrs but I feel it is very important to do!

If you like doing it, or you really want to do it, then that's fine. I hate doing it and would sooner do something else. My point is it dosen't seem to make any difference except I have more fishing time.

I had better put my hands up here about a couple of other things we don't do. We don't iron. Christmas will soon be here and we will switch our christmas lights on. We won't need to put them up though, they are still all around the living rooom from previous years. We get a faint smell of burning till the dust goes but it does save a lot of aggro. The Christmas tree is in the loft with a sack over it all made up ready. Just take it out the loft, remove sack and plug in...lol Admit your jelous

happy.gif

If you like doing it, or you really want to do it, then that's fine. I hate doing it and would sooner do something else. My point is it dosen't seem to make any difference except I have more fishing time.

I had better put my hands up here about a couple of other things we don't do. We don't iron. Christmas will soon be here and we will switch our christmas lights on. We won't need to put them up though, they are still all around the living rooom from previous years. We get a faint smell of burning till the dust goes but it does save a lot of aggro. The Christmas tree is in the loft with a sack over it all made up ready. Just take it out the loft, remove sack and plug in...lol Admit your jelous

thats classic!

don't like doing it, but think its a must

:P Stoaty, priceless mate, priceless :rolleyes:

Whilst we are on the 'bearing all', I'm on the clean and tidy side, neaver loose car keys, wallet, glasses etc., they all have their place as I walk in the door!

Christmas? Switch on the lights!!! dont put any decorations up in the first place :D that saves a lot of time. All family members are grown up now, dont buy any presents, saves all that hunting around the shops, O' and I dont sent cards, so your all out of luck, LOL B)

Scruge? no, simple; the money that you would have spent on my presie' spend on yourself on something you realy want, sort of DIY present, "Happy Christmas" :D Knock on the door of 'Stone Towers' Christmas day, have a drink or 3, a turkey leg, mince pie and fall asleep on the sofa in front of the TV. Takes all the stress out of Christmas.

The above is only for adults, would not take any magic away from the young'uns, as they wait for Father Christmas and Rudolf to bring their gifts :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

I am a goody goody then. I lay the rods outside, reels attatched, and spray with the hose. Then sort and wash traces, rigs etc, check them for damage, blunt hooks. dry them, and get everything ready, including fitting starlights to rods, all ready for the next session. Charge batteries for my light, wipe it clean.

Ready the the next weather window, and off we go!

dont buy any presents, saves all that hunting around the shops,

We usually go to friends in Newcastle for christmas. Christmas shopping goes like this. Bundle everthing into van and set off. Decide on a town off the A1 thats convienient. Wife gets Argos catalogue, orders stuff online with her mobile for collection, gift wrapped. Pull in to store, pay, leave. lol rottease.gif

I always dunk my reels and rigs in a rainwater barrel when I get home. I've been told it's a good idea to slacken off the drag after washing. I give the reel casing a spray of WD 40, and tend not to open up the reel until the grinding noise gets unbearable. Rods however stay in the bags till the next session. I do try and spray the coasters every now and again with WD40. I guess that makes me a bit of a goody-goody, but having spent hard earned cash on tackle I'll do the least I can to look after it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

:D:lol::D Mr Mick, nice to "see ya". Yeah, I guess you caught a glimpse of it then. Was wondering whether it was worth fishing in the middle of them sun bathers at Eastlane that we have seen. I think if we set up in the middle of 'em, they would be impressed. I think the sun would actually reflect off me tackle , with that Mr Sheen type shine... B) P.S. Hope you and Carol are keeping well................

Mr Ash, yes indeed i have seen your tackle glowing B) , i guess everyone else has also noticed it. You must be a very proud man, and i'm quite sure all the Bathers at Eastlane would be delighted to take advantage of any demostration you can offer them. :o:o:o;)