Total Fishing

crazynewt

There are probems with Mat's programs. Not enough angling, lots of bad editing (I've lost count of the number of times that he casts out with a baitcaster and lands the fish on a fixed spool outfit) and to many daft interludes like the pork pie thing but at least it's fishing.

I don't think I can agree about him always fishing exclusive locations. He's regularly shown fishing sections of the Severn that are available to anyone who's prepared to spend 20 quid for a years BAA membership - unlike some of th echalk streams and unfished estate lakes favoured by other TV anglers.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not strictly "Total fishing", but I thought On Coarse with Dean Macey is proving a good series. The last one on Barbel from the Avon, was spot on for me as one who has little experience of Barbel :):):):)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Spot on Ken... its nice to watch 4am tench fishing on a private norfolk lake now and then but its about as far from my usual sort of fishing as Matts pork pie tasting.

Matt never gets too far up his own **** and Mick I could watch forever, their great rod race series was typical of their presenting style, 'fishing is fun' ang good television.

Matts programmes show us anglers in their true light, quirky eccentric dedicated to angling and up for a laugh.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

thats one of the first series I think they're great its just abit of a laugh theres one where Browney makes a cheese sandwich it lokks like its been cut with a hammer and another where they trry pot noodles.

Fishing isn't all serious you know more of this sort of thing I say.

Mick Brown is very funny (the one out of The Great Rod Race where he manages to wallop his head on his folding chair always makes me laugh) and he and Matt Hayes obviously get on very well which is why their programmes are always so good. Gord Burton is an eccentric and spellbinding to watch. In answer to another post what does it matter whether Matt Hayes casts left or right handed. He's done an awful lot for angling and is always full of enthusiasm. He doesn't fish crap venues because (a) it makes bad television and (B) he's made a lot of money so good luck to him. Would you fish a crap venue if you had his advantages? I bloody wouldn't.