Quiz Help

Chris Plumb

sorry bruv foofighters was a nickname given to the strange lights that ww11 pilots encounterd!

re think!

It is also the name of a group, I don't know what their theme is or what songs they have sung, but I would think that the answer could well be right!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its definitely the right answer, during the war pilots reported seeing balls of light which they thought were UFOsthese were called foo fighters there was even research done into these UFOs in case they were a nazi invention

I am not quite sure which response you are supporting :) Is it possible you missed one or two of the earlier posts?

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

I'm pretty sure FOO FIGHTERS is right for 39...

Now - any ideas on the last 3???

72: GAINED NATIONAL RECOGNITION ON 17TH APRIL 1957 (6,7)

78: ALL OF YOU IN THIS (4,9)

85: DRAMATIC FOOTBALL RATTLE (6-6)

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I have wondered if 39 is something to do with the Grand National, I believe that is held around that time of the year.

Foo Fighters is also a band/GROUP so my guess is that the suggestion is right.

So do we get a full set of the questions and correct answers ?

Oops, was replying to the last post on page one. I supose I should have checked to see if there was another page...

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chevin - Grand National was the first thing I thought of as well - but when I checked.....

"1957 Sundew, Fred Winter, Frank Hudson, Mrs Geoffrey Kohn"

Which would appear to rule THAT line of enquiry out....

(If anyone wants a full set of questions for you own amusement send me a PM with your postal address and I'll send you a set - haven't got an electronic version)

C.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure FOO FIGHTERS is right for 39...

Now - any ideas on the last 3???

72: GAINED NATIONAL RECOGNITION ON 17TH APRIL 1957 (6,7)

78: ALL OF YOU IN THIS (4,9)

85: DRAMATIC FOOTBALL RATTLE (6-6)

C.

i,ll show you mine if tou show me yours

85 is ZIGGER ZAGGER play and rattle,how about the answer to no 90 ?

hilda

i,ll show you mine if tou show me yours

85 is ZIGGER ZAGGER play and rattle,how about the answer to no 90 ?

hilda

Umm - I take it you have a copy of the quiz as well!! :rolleyes:

90 is Charlotte Corday

C.