Idea For Entry And Personal Detail Form.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi All.

Now we are getting close to getting a Float Plan together, there is another form that would help us to keep track of all our buddies at these fishing meets.

Entry and personal details

Paddlers Number...................10

Sex M/F.................Female

First name.................Mary

Surname.................Brown.

Full Address.......71 the peekings squareum

Emergency contact number/s.....MUM 7788991......sister 006644

Vehicle make and number.........Bently reg no Yak 1

Kayak colour and make being used on the day............Ocean prowler 13 green

Safety kit.....loud whistle-p.f.d-hand held smoke.

Medications........Diabetic need insulin.....allergic to asprin

Blood group.........O POS

RETURN THIS FORM IMMEDIATELY TO PADDLE LEADER WHEN COMPLETETED.

SIGN OUT.....................home safe great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is somthing like we could use at the meets, used with the Float Plan we have all the information that could help any one of us who may get into bother at some time. HOPEFULLY NOT.

Again, any sensible input welcomed :D

YY :)

Hi All.

Well, this thread has recieved 60 hits/views, and NO ONE has made any comment, good or bad.

I was hoping that members would see it as a bonus and a step forward for future Kayak meets.

An aid to collect information of who is actualy fishing on the day, and if they return safely.

Also an aid to looking after our newer members on the water, offering support and comfort on early outings.

The response......or rather the lack of it, makes me want to say B*ll*cks, you all do you own thing, and when a member of a party is lost, have another think !!! and have another look at the sujestions.

chill out yaketty! I think the only reason there were no replies yet is because we all think your idea was perfection and could not be bettered,well I do anyway

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Yakity,

get me some of those pills.I need help getting fired up sometimes.

Re: your plan, as I said in previous posts your sensible advice is always welcome.

Truth is most of us want to go fishing and can't be ass** re other issues.

Safety advice is not exciting,hence lack of replies BUT it is very relevant and the people that have viewed your post will have taken some of it on board.

Personally I will have a copy of your plan next time we go out and even if I groan at least other members of the party will know should I go faint I need three pints of ale to bring me 'round :rolleyes:

Jon

Edited by musket

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Rather than medications, wouldn't Medical Conditions/Allergies be more appropriate should someone need medical attention whilst incapacitated? As a Type I Diabetic myself, briefing other members of the party on your symptoms should things go wrong for you, i.e. in my case going 'hypo' ( Low blood glucose ) and how to react might be an idea (something I have negleted to do in the past).

Thanks for the replies.

MJB,

Thankyou for highlighting what Im trying to say, by volunteering your own personal details on here.

As a Kayakfisherman sharing time on the water with friends, PERSONALY I would like to be in a position to help any one of them that had trouble while in company with them.

Without the relevent details, Id be helpless and feel pretty $hit while standing by like a dummy not knowing what to do, or WHO to contact.

Your sugestion of MEDICAL CONDITIONS /ALLERGIES is a welcome additition to what we are trying to get together.

Thanks MJB.

Safety is only boring untill it effects people on a personal level, or thier friends,its only then, all selfish and know it all attitudes tend to settle very heavily in the pit of the stomach for the person who was ill prepared or had no knowlage of a way to help thier buddie.

YY

114 views......5 replies......now were cooking......wheres my pills

Yakity, it may be worth asking if any in the party are qualified first aiders, and who is carrying the first aid kit if there is only one between all of you, mind you everyone should be carrying a basic one.

On another note, please stop spitting the dummy, it scares me :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com